“Small and tired”

11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 63 helpful votes
“Small and tired”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2013

I saw the Trans-Siberian Orchestra perform at the Greensboro Coliseum in November of 2013. The parking was efficiently handed and both entering and exiting the venue was easy.

The small concert venue was NOT conducive to a good TSO performance -- I've seen the show twice in large arenas and loved the effectiveness of the lighting and pyrotechnics -- that didn't happen in the Coliseum.

Rest rooms were plentiful, but not overly clean. Concessions were limited and predictable.The stairs inside the coliseum are VERY steep and might be problematic for elderly or balance impaired individuals.

Clayton, North Carolina
48 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 60 helpful votes
“Smaller venue for concerts”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2013

I went to the venue to see the Eagles concert. We had tickets in section 118 which is the section directly in front of the stage but not on the floor. The concert was sold out so EVERY seat was taken. The concert itself was excellent. As far as the venue is concerned...it is smaller than most but is a great place to hold concerts for groups/bands/etc that can't/won't fill the larger venues in Raleigh or Charlotte. I was comfortable but as Americans have gotten bigger, the seats may seem small. My husband was next to a women who was overflowing. Everytime he moved he bumped her....but that didn't stop him from having a good time.

Plenty of parking, restrooms, and options for food. Parking was $10.00...seems a bit much since the parking lot is already paid for and it just needs to be maintained.

wilmington nc
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“concert”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2013

We came to the Coliseum to see The Eagles in concert. The venue itself is definitely on the older side but what I found most
difficult was the seating I have been to many concerts and sat in upper levels but the stairs to get to my seat were almost at a 90 degree angle very steep I would suggest that anyone at all afraid of heights should not get tickets on the upper level of this venue

Wise, Virginia, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Best layout I've been to in a venue”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2013

I went to see The Eagles, and in spite of that the concert was sold out, I had an easier time getting in and out of the Greensboro Coliseum than I did other venues I've been too. There are plenty of restrooms, vendors, and the seats are comfortable. The parking lot is very large, and is very convenient.

Clarksville, Virginia
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“First Concert At Greensboro For Us”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2013

The location is easy to locate, Parking is ampel and access is easy. The ten dollar parking fee is average I guess. There was plenty of venders and lines were well managed and wait time was not bad at food and bathroom facilites. We were there to see Rod Stewart so show was a large crowd and the exit back to the road took about 25 minutes from the parking lot. Over all we enjoyed the facitity.

Visited October 2013