“Great Tacos”

Crafted, The Art of the Taco
Ranked #6 of 901 Restaurants in Greensboro
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Description: NOT a Mexican restaurant.....this is a serious TACO JOINT. You will not find authentic Mexican here.....only creative gourmet tacos. A FRESH experience for your tastebuds.
Reviewed June 26, 2013

In our effort to try new and interesting places, this week we decided to give Crafted! The Art of the Taco in downtown Greensboro, NC a go. We noticed it last week on a stroll and asked a guy coming out if it was worth trying and he replied "It was crazy good!" This coming from a fellow restaurant owner says a great deal about the establishment.

It's not your average Tex-Mex taco joint, they actually think tacos are more than ground beef and lettuce. The menu features tacos with beer battered fish, tuna, lobster, beef brisket, pulled pork and gourmet fixings. Each plate comes with 2 flour tortillas and one side. You can also get a burrito instead of the tacos. We tried the Fixie (beef brisket) and the Bowtie (beer battered fish). The Fixie was one of the spicy choices and it lit my mouth on fire. So much we had to continue ordering from the Booze Day Toosday menu. Yes, on Tuesdays they have $1 beer specials served in mason jars. The beef was moist and flavorful. The Bowtie was good also. I prefer a little more spice so I added some Verde sauce. The fish was fried to perfection. They were topped with a corn salsa that was delicious. I had the chips and salsa and I was very surprised to see the chips were made in house. They were light, crispy and tasty but you don't get very many as a side. Mr. Traveler had the french fries which were natural cut and made in house also, but his plate was full of tiny, short fries. It seemed like the bottom of the basket. He did mention it to our waitress and she put in a fresh order for him. The second attempt was much better. The full size fries were fresh and hot.

We both cleaned our plates and finished a few dollar beers. I liked the environment. It was fun, eclectic and relaxing. They have a full size bar with large flat screens to entertain you. The music selection kept us singing along with old favorites. The wait staff and bartenders were great. Very attentive and polite. The kitchen is at the front of the restaurant and you can see everything which could be scary, but it was refreshing to see fresh ingredients being used. Don't forget to treat the kitchen staff with a round of PBR. It's on the menu and they will be thankful! If you're looking for something new and trendy, check them out. And, if you enjoy your beer as much as we do go on a Tuesday!

1  Thank l3travel
There are newer reviews for Crafted, The Art of the Taco

Reviewed June 21, 2013

Fun, tasty. Enjoyed the menu choices and found the food to be good. The decor is pretty. The server was not the best.

1  Thank Belinda14
Reviewed June 18, 2013

What a great treat Crafted - The Art of the Taco was! Located in downtown Greensboro, it is a uniquely eclectic taco joint. Definitely must order the stuffed avocado with chorizo, queso dip, and pico served with fried flour tortillas. I also ordered the Bow Tie specialty taco - beer battered fish topped with roasted corn salsa and sweet chipotle aioli. Sides include rice, black beans, chips and pico, fries, sweet potato chips (YUMMY), or side salad. Great beer selection too. It is worth a trip downtown!!

1  Thank AParisGirl
Reviewed June 11, 2013

The tacos here are good, but if you're looking for authentic Mexican food, go elsewhere. Some of the sauces give me heartburn, but maybe that's just me.
My main issue with Crafted is that it is a cramped dark room, and the kitchen, which is open, is not well-ventilated, so you go home smelling like, well, a taco?

3  Thank Diane S
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Our family visited Crafted before going to the Baseball game. This had a mixture of many different types of taco's. These are not your typical Mexican taco's. They have a lot of different combinations, most of which I don't care for. However, I did work with it and did come up with a Pulled Pork Taco. I was very surprised at how good it was. It was very fresh and tasty. They also had a nice selection of different beers. Overall, it was good. My wife who loves this type of food, would grade it much higher than I would. I'm sure we'll be visiting again