“High Quality food and preparation”

Crafted, The Art of the Taco
Ranked #6 of 912 Restaurants in Greensboro
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Description: NOT a Mexican restaurant.....this is a serious TACO JOINT. You will not find authentic Mexican here.....only creative gourmet tacos. A FRESH experience for your tastebuds.
Reviewed February 22, 2013

I am not usually a taco guy. However, I had heard uniformly good things about Crafted Taco, and decided to give it a try for lunch. One thing I liked early on is that they offer the same menu for lunch and dinner; no big price increases. I chose one pulled pork and one chicken with a side salad (you get two tacos, and may mix and match). The price was $6.95; for $1.00 additional you can turn it into a burrito. Menu selections are varied but not overwhelming; several good vegetarian options are presented. The taco shells were double thick and very fresh, as were the other ingredients - delicious. Side sauces were savory. The portions were substantial and the plating attractive. No reservations accepted, I was told.

Business was good and the crowd was interesting. The ambience was energetic and Manhattanish. Not snooty. Beer selections appeared varied and carefully considered. Service was knowledgeable, prompt and friendly; the owner/chef asked me on the way out how things were ... she seems to know what she is doing. In short, this is an excellent restaurant.

Reviewed February 3, 2013

Ate there 2/2/13, and the overall dining experience was excellent. The stuffed avocado was a delicious appetizer , it is a must have when dining here. There were three of us and our favorite entres were the "Fixie" (brisket taco plate) and the "Bowtie (fish taco plate). Pricing is very reasonable. We were asked by several employees and the owner about the quality of our meal-they all seem to care about delivering a quality meal. It is a very casual dining experience with an eclectic customer mix.

Reviewed January 30, 2013

I went to Crafted for the first time today and am blown away by the layers upon layers of flavors that were in my taco. I went for the falafel taco (which I HIGHLY recommend it is very crunchy and hearty in size) and subbed in vegan cilantro lime aioli for the house sauce.
WOW! That is all I can say it was just so good that I am glad no one was with me. I just wanted to focus on eating and not worry about conversation.
The staff is very pleasant and helpful. I can't wait for my next visit...I suppose this time I will bring a friend.

Reviewed January 25, 2013

This restaurant is owned by the lovely ladies of Bistro at Adams Farm. Tacos are the main focus, but they also offer burgers,fries, and some Mexican-inspired appetizers. I was so impressed with the diversity of the menu, which can accommodate meat-eaters, vegetarians,and vegans. The preparations that are offered are inventive, but you can also put your own combination together. I had "fixie" with homemade seitan on a flour tortilla. My only complaint is that on a second visit, the seitan was slightly less fresh than the first time I had it. I suspect that it had been pre-made and left out for awhile. Tasted terrific overall, though. I chose the beans for my side order and they were fantastic. Service was good, but could be better. On two occasions, our server was friendly, but a bit slow at following up with requests. Some have complained about the portion sizes, but I disagree. The prices are very reasonable for what you get and I welcome moderate-sized portions that encourage me to eat as healthfully as possible when dining out.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

I visited Crafted just a few days after they opened for lunch, and I was not disappointed. The food is super-fresh, and everything down to the salsas is made in-house. I was very impressed. There's also a bar, a small dining room, and loads of great beers on tap. Looking forward to their grand opening for dinner!