“THE MOST ORGASMIC FOOD I'VE EVER EATEN!!!!!!”

Dames Chicken & Waffles
Ranked #15 of 886 Restaurants in Greensboro
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Portland, Oregon
“THE MOST ORGASMIC FOOD I'VE EVER EATEN!!!!!!”
Reviewed April 23, 2013

I just ate at the absolute most fantastic restaurant in the state of North Carolina...better yet, on the entire East Coast! You absolutely have to go to Dame's Chicken & Waffle's if you're ever in Greensboro, North Carolina.

I know there are tons of Chicken and Waffle's restaurants out there, but I have to admit this one takes the cake. I have never in my life eaten food where the flavors mesh so well together and everything LITERALLY melts in your mouth! I went with a group of six people, and everyone agreed that the food was simply orgasmic. We all got different items and everyone was 100% satisfied. The only complaint that any of us had was that we were leaving North Carolina the next day and would not be able to go back there. I ordered the "What A Classy Hen?" When I say it was AMAZING, it was literally AMAZING!!!! I can not stop telling people about the Vanilla & Almond Shmear that comes with the Waffle. I even contacted the owners to see if there was anyway to purchase a jar of the shmear to eat at home. It would be perfect on waffles, pancakes, toast etc. It was fabulous!

The other thing I loved about Dame's was the diversity on the menu from vegan options to good ole' down south country cooking, you can find it there! I could not be more satisfied!

I have lived all over the world, and have sampled some of the most amazing food from Germany, to Sweden, to New York, to Los Angeles, to Atlanta, to Chicago etc. and this food truly makes my list of top 10. Heck, Dame's Chicken and Waffle's makes the top 5. It was savory comfort food that literally took my breath away! Glady's Knights and Ron's Chicken in Waffle's is a staple in Atlanta, and I always felt this was some pretty fantastic food...well I can honestly say Dame's put Glady's Knights to shame. I'll never be able to eat there again with out comparing it to Dame's.

In addition to the food being an off the charts experience, the atmosphere was inviting, trendy, and adorable and the staff was beyond phenomenal. They were the epitome of southern hospitality! You could not have prayed for a better dining experience. I cannot wait to have the opportunity to go there again! I would recommend it to anyone!

I really think this is a restaurant you would love. The contact and location information is listed below:

Website: http://www.dameschickenwaffles.com/greensboro

Location:
301 Martin Luther King, Jr. Drive
Greensboro, NC 27406
Phone: (336) 275-7333

• Visited March 2013

Greensboro, North Carolina
“Dames Chicken and Waffles: A little slow but good”
Reviewed April 11, 2013

When Vintage 301 (one of our favorite restaurants) closed I was hoping something good would take it's place While watching Greensboro's Christmas Parade a young woman was passing out menu postcards for a new restaurant, Dames Chicken and Waffles, in the old Vintage 301 location. I kept the postcard hoping I could get someone else interested in going so yesterday, April 10, I was getting together with my old buddy Hoby for lunch and suggested Dames. Hoby likes to eat and this place sounded good to him too.

Parking for Dames is not the best but we found places just a block away. The manager greeted us at the door and showed us to our table. The interior was bright and cheerful and they had a good crowd. Our server finally got to us and took our drink orders. While waiting for her to come back, the manager picked up our menus (?) but we had already decided what we wanted. Since it was a chicken and waffles place, Hoby ordered Shrimp and Grits (don't ask) but I got their special which allowed me to pick chicken (I picked the fried legs), a waffle (I picked gingerbread) and a "smear" which is flavored butter (I let the server choose one for me).

I hadn't seen Hoby for a while so we had a lot to talk about but after a while I started to wonder where our meal was. Our server came over to tell us that they were a little backed up in the kitchen and there were 6 tables ahead of us! Finally we got served. Hoby was a little disappointed in the the quantity of his shrimp and grits although the presentation was very nice. My chicken was great and the big gingerbread waffle filled the plate.

Dames has a great menu and I encourage you to give it a try. The sever said weekend waits can be as much as 1 1/2 hours so go during a weekday.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Allarts1
Thomasville, North Carolina
“It may sound like a weird combo but I'm sure there was a time when someone thought that about PB&J”
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Try to get over the odd factor of the combo and just say: "Do I like chicken? Do I like waffles? Do like home cooked mac n cheese?" If the answer is yes, you have to try it. Even if you ask for them to come on separate plates or just want waffles or just chicken. It's the best fried chicken in the area. And the mac n cheese is do die for. You won't like waffles anyplace else after you've had these. The homemade shmears (infused butters) can't be found in the triad - I mean Peach-Apricot butter, how can you go wrong. I only don't go more often because I can't afford the calories but I go at every opportunity.

• Visited March 2013
“Yummy. Better than I thought it would be!”
Reviewed February 26, 2013 via mobile

One of my new favorites. They are obviously working out a few kinks, but I have no complaints really. We called ahead, party of 8. Had to wait a little past reservation time, but worth it. We all got waffles and chicken and we all cleaned the plate. I got a classic waffle, candied pecans and strawberry shmear, two legs. It also comes with a side. I picked the Mac and cheese for my daughter, she wasn't a fan, but I loved it since it was garnished with a little basil. (That's what threw her off) Others got turnip greens, fresh fruit, or cheese grits. All yummy. They also have other things if you're not feeling the waffle thing. No alcohol when we went, our server said they had just received their license and it would be a few weeks. Several picnic tables for outside seating for warmer weather. They do have a few rules, like no parties over 8 and no separate checks. They did break that last one for us. Our server was so nice as well as the hostess. Kid friendly. Go and you will not be disappointed.

Raleigh, North Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Soul Food”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We enjoyed this a lot. The service was slightly off, but the deliciousness of the food made up for it.

Visited February 2013