“nothing notable”

New Orleans Bar & Grill
Ranked #118 of 916 Restaurants in Greensboro
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: New Orleans Bars & Grill feels proud to cater your special events, catering services, parties etc. We provide accommodation for 200 guests at a time in our formal dining arrangement with our extremely qualified staff. We firmly believe in offering superior quality customer services to our customers. At New Orleans Bars & Grill, we experience what actually needs to have a substantial food party! Our management team takes pride in making all the possible alternatives that fit in your budget. We feel proud to be Triad's only authentic Cajun restaurant that provides great quality Cajun cuisine in a huge and comfortable environment with two fully stocked bars. This is our dedication to our valued customer that we put forward our self to deliver only the best quality food and drinks. No matter what function or event you are contriving to throw. In short, our event center offers everything that you would love to get a perfect business event, private lunches, team dinner, game day, bridal shower, baby shower, birthday celebration, wine tasting or cocktail parties! Greensboro Bourbon Bar: It's not just Greensboro only bourbon bar... It's Greensboro's favorite party bar. We excel in large party bookings and is a sure fire way to an unforgettable birthday, marriage ceremony, corporate night out, stag or high school reunion. To shine your mood, we offer daily special drinks. And that's not all, we also offer more than 120 cocktails, red wines, white wines that will surely get you in a good mood! Come at New Orleans Bar And Grill and enjoy the real taste of Cajun cuisine and authentic sea food with exotic flavors of drinks, wines and cocktails.
Reviewed January 21, 2014

We visited for dinner during a business trip. All the staff we encountered were friendly. Our server was very nice and kept our drinks full but he brought all of our food (appetizer, then salad, then bread, then entrees) in less than 10 minutes. Although I do appreciate his attempt to be prompt, I prefer not to have all my food sitting on the table going cold at the same time. We had crab dip which was runny, not rich and thick like it is usually prepared. The gumbo had an ok flavor but the shrimp and rice were soggy. I had alligator and the breading was so over seasoned, I couldn't tell you if that was chicken, alligator or fish under all that salt. We also tried a fried cheesecake which was bland and a bit greasy. While none of it was inedible, nothing made us care to go back. We didn't finish our food and didn't care to take it with us. You can get much better food for the same price.

Reviewed January 18, 2014

Stopped in for lunch on a Thursday about 12:30. The place was almost empty, only 2 tables occupied. We were greeted and seated quickly and your server was very nice and attentive. The lunch menu is small and has only sandwiches. We ordered from the dinner menu. We tried the crawfish etouffee and the jambalaya both came with your choice of house or Caesar salad. The salads tasted of old lettuce not crisp. As for the main dishes one was good and the other not so good. The etouffee was quite good with a good portion of real crawfish (some places try to fool you with small shrimp). The jambalaya on the other hand was only good for the first 3 bites. First only tasting the shrimp and chicken by their selfs I thought I had a good jambalaya. Bite 4 was of the whole dish and it was nothing but hot sauce and tomatoe sauce. Shame. I have never had any jambalaya in New Orleans like this poor rendition.

Prices seemed some what on the high side for the most part. Sad, Greensboro could use and support a good New Orleans restaurant.

1  Thank whiskmagic
Reviewed January 12, 2014

a great starter is their gumbo, on Tuesday their 16 oz ribeye special and on wed. their seafood pasta special great food great service ,and great prices a meal that's is tasty, filling and makes you want to come back soon

a great 2 for special any 2 dinners & a appetizer or desset up to $50.00 for $30.00
good sunday - thursday Charlie w.

Reviewed January 2, 2014

First of all, I want to say that we visited this restaurant because we had heard the food was amazing, and we were not let down! We started with the crab dip, and it was absolutely the best I have ever had. I got the paella, which was outstanding, and my husband ordered the 16 oz ribeye, which he claimed was on par with any of the steakhouses in Greensboro. Sadly, our experience was overshadowed by poor customer service. I saw a weekday special advertised on the website - an appetizer or dessert and two entrees for $30. I thought this was a great deal, and we were looking for something affordable right after Christmas. I called to verify that this special would be honored in spite of being New Year's Eve. I was assured it would be. Once we arrived at the restaurant, we were seated promptly. It took several minutes for us to be greeted despite the fact that there were only a few couples in the restaurant at the time, and I again verified that the 2 for $30 special would be honored. We were joined by another couple, who asked questions about the special. We ordered and were halfway through the meal when the waiter came to the table and announced that his manager said we not only needed a printed coupon but we could only use the special for one of the two tables. This was not mentioned on their website, when I called and spoke to the hostess, or during our discussion with the waiter at the beginning of the meal, so it cannot be chalked up to a misunderstanding. I asked to see a manager. He never showed up, but the waiter came back 10 to 15 minutes later to say that it had been taken care of. The discount was applied incorrectly to the bill of the other couple in our party. I said I appreciated it, but I would still like to see a manager. He never came to the table. Having over a decade of experience in the service industry, this was particularly shocking to me. I have never worked at a restaurant where manager outreach was not a priority when there was a problem. Two other tables in our direct vicinity also had issues with their bill and the manager never spoke to either one of them, either. The restaurant was not at all busy at the time. The most disappointing part about this is that the food was delicious and we would have loved to return had it not been for the poor customer service. My husband sat at the table for 20 minutes with an empty glass of tea, and we were not the only ones; the table next to us had to get up and go search for their waitress to get their bill corrected. I really hope that this restaurant can get their act together in terms of properly promoting specials and manager communication, because the food is amazing.

Reviewed January 1, 2014

Yum !!! The oysters were SUPERB !! Plump, and Tasty. The clams were a little small, and they would not serve theme raw., although they were on the half shell, they had to be served steamed.. What a waste.