“Embarrassing dining...”

Cuisines: Asian
Greensboro, North Carolina, United States
“Embarrassing dining...”
Reviewed January 18, 2013

Tonight, I took my sister-in-law and neice to Kiet's Asian Cuisine. When we arrive, no one told us that there was no heat in the restaurant. We didn't notice that at first since we had just come in from the cold. I asked the wait person about the heat and he allowed that they were having difficulty with the heating system. We (including my wife) kept our coats on thinking that a great dining experience would make up for the temperature. In short, the service was terrible. For example, when the meals finally came to our table (BTW, the table next to us was served ahead of us even though the couple came in after we did) only partial meals were placed on our tables. The rice, for example did not accompany the meals....we had to wait for the entire meal to show up. By the time the entire meals came, the first items were cold. During this time, our wait person was no where to be found. I finally had to go to the kitchen to find out what was going on. Finally, the rice and other items finally arrived. The manager (I think) came to our table. When I explained that meals should be served completely and that we should have been told when we arrived that there was no heat, he was defensive and did not apologize for anything. He did offer to re-do my cold meal. I told him that that would add at least 10-15 minutes and that my family would then have to wait for me. I told him that we should have been told upon arrival that there was no heat. All-in-all, a bad, embarrassing experience.

• Visited January 2013

Maryland
“A wonderful original meal”
Reviewed December 10, 2012

My wife and i had a magnificent meal here. Her combination fried rice include all of the usual suspects PLUS sausage.... This is a good example of how the menu items have a splash of something something, something wonderful and something very tasty. I Had the ginger shrimp and was impressed with the size and wonderful flavor.

As we eat the Chef toured the tables to make sure everyone was well satisfied. This is one of the hallmarks of a really good chef

• Visited December 2012
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Kiet's still excellent, even if it does have a new name (Kiet's instead of Vietnamese Garden)”
Reviewed October 10, 2012

This is CarolinaTrekkers. I have reviewed Kiet's favorably, when it was named Vietnamese Garden (check their reviews, same address, same owner/chef). It changed names because the owner/chef expanded his hibachi/teriyaki/sushi offerings and wanted to make clear it is not only Vietnamese cuisine. Simply stated, great food, knowledgeably prepared, as I said there.

• Visited October 2012