“WOW What a bargain!”

Danny's Restaurant
Ranked #185 of 911 Restaurants in Greensboro
Cuisines: American
Reviewed December 27, 2012

Today was my first time eating here. I met friends for lunch who have eaten here many times. For six dollars, I had Greek Chicken with a side of collard greens and a side of mashed potatoes with gravy. You also get your choice of a biscuit, roll or cornbread. I got the biscuit and the waitress brought extra bowls of gravy for the bread. Everything was excellent and the portions were very generous. Our waitress was excellent also. She never let our drink glasses get empty. The staff was very friendly.

3  Thank Bruce J

Reviewed September 19, 2012

I am hesitant to tell anyone how good this place is because it's fairly small, only seating about 70 or so diners, and it is usually crowded during breakfast. But I am going to tell you about it anyway. It's been said that "it's hard to mess up breakfast", and I somewhat agree with that. But some how or another Danny seems to take everything on his menu to an "as good as it gets" status. I have tried over half the items on the breakfast menu, and each of them were cooked as good I could have possibly wished. The biscuits are great, the tenderloin is lightly breaded and fried, the gravy is delicious, the eggs are unusually good, and the service is almost always awesome, with multiple wait staff checking on you for drink refills and such. The prices are reasonable and the environment in the restaurant is always pleasant. This is my favorite breakfast spot in Greensboro. They are also open for lunch, but not dinner. My wife loves their Wednesday special chicken pie. I highly recommend.

3  Thank David500