“1 night at Greensboro-Hampton”

Hampton Inn & Suites Greensboro / Coliseum Area
Ranked #3 of 77 Hotels in Greensboro
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed June 14, 2014

Great Place to stay. Everyone was so helpful. Room was great! I always have a great experience with Hampton Inn. I normally stay on at the Hampton Inns because of they are always at the top of their game.

Room Tip: I had King Suite - wonderful
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
Karen G, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Greensboro / Coliseum Area, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2014

Thank you for taking the the time to say such nice things about us. Your thoughts about us are extremely important and I share them with our staff constantly! It is wonderful to get such great feedback from you and most of our guests, we strive for excellence every day and want to treat you like royalty.

When you are in the area again, make sure you stay with us...we want you here!

Safe and happy travels,

Genereal Manager

Reviewed June 14, 2014

I traveled to Greensboro from New Jersey with a group of high school students and their parents for a track competition in Greensboro and I chose the Hampton Inn Coliseum Area for the groups stay. We could not have been more pleased! Friendly staff, beautiful accommodations, a delicious hot breakfast every morning and a terrific location made this the perfect choice. A special thank you to Jay and Kristy at the front desk for all of their help and recommendations during our stay. We can't wait to return next year!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends

I'm so pleased that you enjoyed our property! We are eager to serve you and other valued guests and appreciate the fact that you chose us as your home away from home! Come back if you are in the area again, we appreciate your business and want to traeat you like family!

Reviewed June 12, 2014

Excellent quality, very clean and a nice staff. But over priced for a mid week stay at $175 and very loud and disturbing next door. I did not sleep very well and it was unfortunate for such a clean and nice hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Karen G, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Greensboro / Coliseum Area, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2014

I'm so sorry you had noise issues during your stay! We have 24 hr security so I hope you contacted the front desk to bring attention to this, we could have addressed it immediately. As for the rate, as with most supply and demand situations, we have to be comparable to other hotels like us and their rates were within that range, as well. When you have tournaments and conventions in town, like the week that you stayed, we adjust our rates accordingly. If you want to contact me, we can discuss this further because I want you to be extremely satisfied and can help you out.

Please try us again, we want to prove to you why we are an award winning property!
Thanks and have a great weekend!

Reviewed June 11, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for 2 weeks while on business. While the staff was over all pleasant and the service was good, Sammy the night auditor was by far the most friendly. When he greats you he makes you feel as though you've always known him and you were coming home for a visit. Erica as well down in breakfast is such a pleasure to talk to. She handles the breakfast which is always on point when she is working.

Overall a great place. They are quick to handle any issues.

1  Thank Charlotte H

Thank you for your kind remarks! Sammy and Erricka are amazing as is most of our staff and I'll let them know of your appreciation. We serve quite a few long term guests who are also pleased with our property and I am pleased that you enjoy our great customer service and hospitality. We really do treat you like Family! Come back to us when you are in the area again, we want you here!

Safe and Happy Travels,

Reviewed June 10, 2014

Diamond level in HH, and stay at many Hilton properties. This property is easy to find, located in a great area and has great rates. The staff is professional and friendly, and the room was absolutely what I needed for a three day stay. I highly recommend this property and will stay here again next time in town.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business

I am so pleased that you enjoyed our property! My staff and I truly strive to give you and every guest a great experience, especially when staying here for three nights. We love long term guests, as well, we have a guest here that has been with us for 8 weeks, her house had repair issues and she chose us as her host hotel. Now she is like family and is even our "Lifetime guest" and was awarded a plaque! Thank you for using us, as well, we appreciate your patronage and hope you come back and see us.

Reviewed June 10, 2014

Hotel is a newer facilitiy and well kept with nice funishings all around. Hotel staff is very friendly, facility is very clean, and beds comfortable. It's great to see staff, including the manager, engaging with their customers.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Karen G, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Greensboro / Coliseum Area, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2014

We engage! That's what we do! I love chatting with our wonderful guests, such as yourself, and learning about them personally. Thank you for your review, I know you are busy so that means a lot and I will share your kind words with my Team. To us you are like Family, not just a "head in a bed" so I hope that showed during your stay. Come see us again when you are in the area, we want you here!

Safe and happy travels,

General Manger

Reviewed June 10, 2014

We were going to stay here because of the reviews.
I called to compare costs and the fellow put me on hold. Six minutes later, I gave up and stayed at the Hampton/Airport Hotel. The staff were incredibly friendly and stayed on the line to answer questions. We were very pleased with the entire experience.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family

Oh my! That's not good. I apologize for this and while I'm not sure what was going on at the
Front Desk that day (we are a popular and busy property) I have certainly performed re-training with regard to phone etiquette and hopefully this won't happen again. We do have our "off" moments and although I like to think we are always awesome, sometime the staff makes mistakes because they are human. I appreciate you staying at the other Hampton and glad you enjoyed their service just as you would have ours should you have chosen to stay here. We are an award winning property for a reason and strive every day to over achieve excellence, as you have seen with the other wonder reviews on this site. Please consider giving us another try in the future!