“Stylish and contemporary”

Hampton Inn & Suites Greensboro/Coliseum Area
Ranked #3 of 77 Hotels in Greensboro
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed April 28, 2014

I’m not going to get into our arrival because I know it was just a one time incident with a pay-per-view fight being held at Hooter’s. But they do need security working on nights like those so the parking lot will be available for hotel guests.

One of the main reasons I booked this particular Hampton Inn was because of how stylish and contemporary rooms looked online. Nothing else I looked at came close to this. Our room was the very spacious 1 King Studio Suite. This room definitely felt like you were getting more for your money. As you walk there’s a wet bar that leads into the sitting area with the couch. The room is separated with a nice office desk with a flat screen tv mounted to the wall that swivels from side to side that can be viewed from any angle depending on which side of the room you’re on. Still middle of the room but just off is the bathroom sink with the shower and toilet in it’s own room. On the far side is one of the most comfortable beds I have slept in. The complimentary breakfast offers a great variety to choose from and you won’t walk away without something to eat. All the staff were very friendly and I would definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Karen G, Public Relations Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Greensboro/Coliseum Area, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2014

I am so glad you enjoyed our hotel! I appreciate your thoughtful review and it is wonderful knowing that all of the things that I love about our property, you love as well. The decor was carefully chosen to be contemporary because we have so many business travellers that are tired of the same old style. We wanted to be different and I think we accomplished that. Make sure that you come back when you are in the area, we want you here as your home away from home!

General Manager/Hampton Inn and Suites Greensboro Coliseum Area

Write a ReviewReviews (1,190)

Reviewed April 27, 2014

we loved the Hampton's
Reasonable food
Free parking
Internet in room and public areas
Excellent location - close to downtown
The city itself is very nice and pleasant
We loved our stay there-even its only 1 night

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Karen G, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Greensboro/Coliseum Area, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2014

Your response sums it up! Its not complicated how to please guests, treat them exceptionally, provide a great experience, have large clean rooms and and a lot of great freebies ( a hot breakfast that is amazing should be standard everywhere)! Thank you for giving us your feedback and please stay here again when you get the chance. We value you so much!

Warm regards,

Reviewed April 27, 2014

I love Hampton Inns but this was far and away the nicest I've ever seen. Derek at the front desk greeted us with a big smile and Lorenzo, man about the hotel, was a delight. We felt so welcome! We had traveled to Greensboro to see Tony Bennett and the staff remembered to ask about our experience. The rooms were beautiful. I'm trying to find out what kind of pillows they used because they were wonderful! The breakfast area was huge and very modern. Breakfast was extra good because we didn't get crammed into some closet-sized room to eat it. Highly recommend this hotel! Great location, too, just off I-40 and a couple of miles from the Coliseum complex.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family

I'm so happy you enjoyed your stay! We strive for excellence and it shows in every aspect of our hotel. Thank you for coming back! I am so blessed to be here serving such wonderful guests like yourself, it is surely a joy. We need your feedback, good and bad, please be sure to continue reviewing us and others so that we can know how you feel about our property. It really means a lot!

Reviewed April 26, 2014

Stayed here based on TA reviews. The hotel is conveniently located off the highway. The highway was our view out the window, but fortunately, we did not hear any road noise. I agree with one reviewer who did not like this part of Greensboro! We travelled down High Point Rd towards UNCG & this part of town is run down. In the opposite direction, the area was nicer with a convention center & very nice mall.
The room was nice, clean & quiet. Good, clean bathroom. The fitness room offered several treadmills, a bike & a variety of free weights. Worked for me!
Breakfast offered the usual cereal, muffins, bagels, yogurt, etc. There was a lot of seating.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family

I am so glad you mentioned the area, because not a lot of people are aware that there is a beautification process underway that will transform the High Point rd corridor. This includes building code changes, signage, landscaping, etc. It is going to be amazing and I am so excited to see the transformation! The Greensboro Coliseum/Aqautic Center is such a great venue and we are going to change it up so that the "eye soars" are not so visible. As for our hotel, we strive for excellence and our many awards, prove it!! Thank you for letting us know how you feel about our wonderful staff and service. It really means a lot! When you are in the area again, look for the big changes that are just around the corner and be sure to stay with us again. You deserve the best!

Reviewed April 26, 2014

Beautiful hotel with a two-story lobby dining area that was full of people when we arrived. There was a manager's happy hour going on with free beer and wine and appetizers (wings, shrimp and salad) courtesy of Hooters next door (and no, there was not a Hooters girl present). Jay and Terry were the "bartenders" and they did a great job of chatting everyone up. Breakfast was better than most Hampton Inns as well with zucchini bread and Greek yogurt among the new offerings. Our room was large and clean and quiet and checking in and out was a breeze. No shortage of parking either. The workout room had three treadmills which was great -- most places only have one that you have to wait in line for. Location is around 10 minutes to downtown and the highway exit is close by. Great location, friendly staff and clean facilities. Will definitely return.

1  Thank Remember2Breathe

Yay!! I am so glad that you enjoyed our awesome hotel! We work so hard to make sure we deliver every possible convenience and service that you deserve, that is why we are an award winning property. Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to say some kind things about us, your review is so important, as well as your patronage. I enjoy attending the Manager's reception and meeting new and repeat guests. We call it the Manager's reception, not because I am usually there, but because most of our guests who travel and stay with us are in managment or a supervisory positions. We love to treat you to a great evening of wine and appetizers and think it is important to simply say "thank you." So when you are in the area again, please consider us for your hotel needs, we want you here and treat you like family!

Warm regards,

Reviewed April 25, 2014

I stayed overnight in Greensboro and ended up booking the Hampton Inn based on Trip Advisor reviews.

Upon arrival I was greeted by an exceptionally friendly staff. There were also freshly baked cookies on the counter {bonus}!! They also keep fresh bold, regular, decaf and hot water brewing all day long.

The hotel itself is super, super clean! The room is extremely spacious and the bed is amazing. The free wifi is really fast and I was able to get a lot of work done.

The breakfast buffet is really nice. It includes bagels, bread, english muffins, pastries, egg & cheese omelettes, turkey sausage, cold cereal, fresh waffles and hot oatmeal with all of the fixings.

I was really impressed with my stay. The only reason I'm not giving the hotel 5 stars is because it doesn't have any in-hotel dining. There are a lot of options nearby by but, let's face it, sometimes you don't want to have to venture out.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business

Thank you for your wonderful review! I appreciate your feedback and those of others, it really means a lot. As an award winning property, we strive for excellence and it shows in everything we do. I certainly wish we had an on-property restaurant! Most Hamptons are not designed that way, we are focused service and that passes a lot of savings on to you, over all. Please come back when you are in the area, however, we want you here and treat you like Family!

Reviewed April 23, 2014

The hotel was nice and new and clean, but High Point Road is not a place you want to stay. As long as you don't leave the hotel, it was great. The pool was a bit smaller than most indoor pools we've used at Hampton Inns. It was so many people in that space that we had to make several trips down to the pool to see if there was enough room for us to to get in and swim without bumping into others. Greensboro has declined over the past few decades and it shows on that side of town. We felt out of place in that area and were glad to leave.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

I'm so happy that you mentioned this "part of Greensboro" because not many folks know that that High Point rd is undergoing a great transformation. Just to make you aware, there is a beautification process underway that will make this area totaly different such as signage and landscaping, zoning and re-build stipulations, etc. I can't wait for you to see how great this corridor will be. The Greensboro Coliseum and Aquatic Center is right down the road and brings so much to this area that we are stepping up our game, so to speak. Be patient and come back, it really is not all that bad and our award winning property is worth staying here. Thank you for your valuable feedback, I appreciate your time in reviewing us and wish you many safe and happy travels.Yours in Hospitality,