“TOPS it all”

Hampton Inn & Suites Greensboro/Coliseum Area
Ranked #3 of 77 Hotels in Greensboro
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed April 16, 2014

Excellent place to stay all the way! the end suites on the 5th floor are huge and its contemporary interior decoration is wonderful! It can accomodate 5 people in a suite and still very comfortable. The downside is the price compared to other hotel with similar accomodation.

Room Tip: the end suites on the 5th floor are huge and interior decoration is wonderful!
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Karen G, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Greensboro/Coliseum Area, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2014

Another great review! I'm overwhelmed with gratitude for your response and the feedback of others. We work really hard to give you a great experience because to us you are not just a "head in a bed" you are like family! We strive for excellence in serving you and Greensboro Community and hope that showed during your stay. We try to be competitive with the surrounding hotels, if not cheaper. I'm sorry that you did not find value with free amenities we provide, but the hot breakfast is a 15.00 value and is simply scrumtious! Try us again when you are in the area, you may change your mind.

General Manager Hampton Inn and Suites GSO Coliseum Area

Write a ReviewReviews (1,190)

Reviewed April 14, 2014

One night for business. Room was spotless with nice furnishings. Nicer than other hotels I've stayed at in Greensboro. Top of my list now for next stay. Staff was friendly, food was decent, free USA Today.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Karen G, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Greensboro/Coliseum Area, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2014

Another great review! I'm overwhelmed with gratitude for your response and the feedback of others. We work really hard to give you a great experience because to us you are not just a "head in a bed" you are like family! We strive for excellence in serving you and Greensboro Community and hope that showed during your stay. When you are in the area again, make sure you come back to stay with us. We want you here!

General Manager Hampton Inn and Suites GSO Coliseum Area

Reviewed April 14, 2014

Where do I even begin? I was impressed, from the second I walked in the front door. This was my first time staying, at a Hampton Inn and Suites, and I could not be more pleased with my experience. I have Leukemia and hotel stays can sometimes be stressful and scary. Cleanliness is of the upmost importance, because of my immune system. This hotel was one of the cleanest hotels in which I have ever had the pleasure of staying. I immediately felt at ease. The bed was so comfy and provided me with a wonderful night's sleep. Most impressive were the staff members I encountered. The two gentlemen working the front desk were extremely efficient and friendly. My overall stay was perfect! I will definitely be returning!

Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
Karen G, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Greensboro/Coliseum Area, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2014

Thank you so much for your great review!! I can appreciate your situation and am happy that our cleanliness standards helped you to have an enjoyable stay. We really have high expectations from our staff in all aspects of hospitality and your wonderful feedback lets us know that we are doing a lot of things right! Thank you for wanting to be here again, it feels great to know we made a difference in your travels.

Yours in Hospitality,
General Manager/Hampton Inn and Suites Greensboro Coliseum Area

Reviewed April 13, 2014

The hotel and the staff were great; the facilities were great; the breakfast was better than most with yummy fresh fruit, the bathroom had a vent fan, and the room was the most clean/comfortable hotel room I have ever been in. Unfortunately, one thing ruined our stay... a loud party across the hall. They kept us up most of the night... slamming doors, laughing/talking loudly, drinking, bottles clinking, sex talk, etc. I called hotel security once... and they quieted down... but resumed later. I'm sure this is beyond the hotel's control, but the rude party guests left me in a very cranky mood. That is why I gave sleep quality a score of 1.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Karen G, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Greensboro/Coliseum Area, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2014

I'm so glad you liked our hotel and staff! We strive for excellence and it shows in everything we do. I feel bad that you had a loud neighbor, we certainly try to keep this from happening and usually never have this issue. Most of our guests are corporate business travelers or teams and not the type to be rude to others. Please try us again when you are in the area, we want you experience a great nights sleep here!

Reviewed April 9, 2014

A real surprise! The Hampton Inn in Greensboro was absolutely lovely. We were there for a business trip and found it to be one of the nicest places to stay and a wonderful breakfast included in your stay.

Room Tip: They do not have a restaurant but a great breakfast included in price. Restaurants in area are medi...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Karen G, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Greensboro/Coliseum Area, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2014

Wow! I'm so glad that you were satisfied with us, it really means a lot. Our customer service is excellent and we do have have an awesome complimentary breakfast which makes staying here a real VALUE. That's important when you travel for business, along with an amazing room! If you are in the area again, please bless us with your loyal patronage. We want you staying with the best!

Many regards,

Reviewed April 5, 2014

I travel to a Greensboro often and The Hampton is my favorite hotel. Probably the cleanest rooms I have ever had. Staff are friendly and attentive. Large variety at the complimentary breakfast. Centrally located. Could not ask for more! Love this place!

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends

AWW! And we love you too! Thank you for saying a few kind words about our Award Winning property and wonderful team! It really means a lot to get great feedback (we take the bad, too) and to know that our hard work pays off when you have a great experience. When you are in the area again, make sure you come stay with us. We want you here and treat you like Family!

Safe and Happy travels,

Reviewed March 31, 2014

My wife stayed here over the weekend for business and asked for me to submit this review for her. This was her second stay at this hotel and she was impressed the first time she stayed last year. The hotel and staff continued to impress her during this recent most notably from when she first walked in. The front desk staff recognized her. Yes after only one previous stay from last year the lady at the front desk recognized my wife and they started talking as if they were old friends.

After a greeting like that how can you top that. Well by providing the same friendly service from all staff throughout her stay making this working trip fun. Staff even handled a late night noise issue from another room immediately. This Hampton Inn is on our list to stay at when ever we find ourselves in the Greensboro area for work or fun.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

Your Wife is right! We are pretty good at remembering names, it's important that we treat you like family and not just a "head in a bed". Let her know she is welcome to return as many times as she wants and we will give her the same level of service that she expects! Thank you for letting me this, you just made my day!!