Hampton Inn & Suites Greensboro/Coliseum Area
Ranked #3 of 77 Hotels in Greensboro
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed December 8, 2013

If you are traveling in and around the Greensboro NC area and want the best stay ever this is the spot. A BEAUTIFUL property that is staffed with the finest southern hospitality you will find. If you stay anywhere else you are missing out. On a scale of 1 to ten I give this hotel and staff a 10+. THE BEST.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Karen G, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Greensboro/Coliseum Area, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2013

WOW! Thank you so much for your Awesome response!! We are blessed and grateful for such wonderful guests like yourself, you make our job easy and we are happy that you think so much of us! I appreciate you taking time out of your busy schedule to give us great review. Keep coming back, we love having you here and seeing your smiling face:)

Warm regards!

Hampton Inn and Suites /Greensboro Coliseum Area

Write a ReviewReviews (1,173)

Reviewed December 7, 2013

Excellent place to stay. It was a home away from home experience. We received military credit towards our bill which was yet another added pleasant surprise. It was merely 10 minutes away from out family member's home. This is our new place to stay when we visit in the Greensboro NC area.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Your kind words are so encouraging! Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to critique our wonderful hotel. Your feedback helps us determine what we are doing wrong and what we are doing right! We appreciate our active and retired military and the amazing service you provide, National Security is priority for me, so we of course we will discount a room for you as a common courtesy. Plese come back again when you are passing through or in the area, you'll get the same customer service and cleanliness every time!

Happy Holidays and safe travels,

Reviewed December 6, 2013

This visit were pleasing to my family and me. After this visit we have put in our plan to utilize this hotel each time we travel. The services at the location visited brought a great joy to us. We will recommend this hotel to our friends and family on their holidays and vacations. Thanks for the room provided to use on this visit.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

I'm so glad you are coming back! Your recommendations mean so much to my staff and I, we apreciate your kind words because we work very hard to give you and your family the excellent service you deserve. Staying at a hotel should be a "WOW" experience and it appears we acheived that with you. We are not going anywhere, so please tell everyone how great we are and send them our way!

Have a safe and joyful Christmas!

Hampton Inn and suites Greensboro Coliseum

Reviewed December 6, 2013

This was by far, the best Hampton Inn we've encountered. Every facility should use this Inn as a model. I had never considered joining any hotel program but I will be signing onto HHonors. Cannot say enough with regard to how pleased we were.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Karen G, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Greensboro/Coliseum Area, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2013

WOW! What a great review! You definitely should sign up for HHonors and stay at Hampton Inn and Suites going forward. Hilton requires all Hamptons to renovate and while we raise the bar on style, most Hamptons vary slightly, all are dedicated to cleanliness and customer service! Come back again when you are in the area, we appreciate you and treat you like family!

Safe and Happy Travels,

Reviewed December 4, 2013

The parking is easy, the staff is nice. Great fitness facility and pool (no hot tub, though). My room was beautiful and comfortable. I would DEFINITELY stay here again.

A little trouble leaving the hotel in the morning with rush-hour traffic. There are several restaurants nearby.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business

Thank you so much for your kind response! As leaders in the industry, we strive for excellence and I hope that showed during your stay here. My staff is the best, Julia (whom you are referriing to in your response, is excellent as are all of our Front Desk personnel. We work hard to give you great customer service! When you are in the area again, make sure you stay with us. We want you here!

Warm regards,

Reviewed December 2, 2013

gave me a suite even thou i did not ask. hotel was almost empty. cannot remember the ladies name she sounded jamaican or hispanic. she was excellent, and very friendly! also gentlemen when i checked out was excellent. very friendly! I stayed dec 1 at 1045am that morning and checked out 900pm that night:

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Karen G, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Greensboro/Coliseum Area, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2013

YAY! I'm so glad you had a wonderful experience with us and I sincerely hope you come back as a loyal guest! We love, love, love having you here and it means so much to get these wonderful reviews back from awesome guests like you!

Safe and happy travels,

GM-Hampton Inn and Suites GSO Coliseum Area

Reviewed December 2, 2013

My family and I stayed at this hotel over Thanksgiving. It was centrally located to the area shopping. rooms were clean. staff very hospitable. I realized when we got home that we had accidentally left something in our room. I called the hotel, and the clerk graciously said they had our item and would sent it out with ups the next day. I got a call from someone at the sheraton across the street who said they had my package and was I sure that I wanted them to send this package because of the cost involved? When I asked about the charges $31 (they were going to charge me almost $20, to pick it up and then shipping) I called the hotel to ask why the Sheraton had my package . After calling for over two hours, the manager finally called me back and said "so sorry I was doing reports" as if she was doing me a favor. She said people leave so many things it is inconvenient for her staff to send out everything left behind. It was their policy to have someone else deal with it. Long story, short ending . Paid $31 my daughter is happy Learned lesson DONT LEAVE ANYTHING BEHIND You will pay for it.

Room Tip: rooms are small
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

I'm so sorry you left an item here. We really did try to get it back to you, I even offered to go pick it up for you (at the UPS store located in a different property), but you declined my offer. We try to make policies fair for the guests and our busy property and sometimes that isn't feasible for everyone. I'll certainly review the shipping policy for lost and found items and see what more can be done. In the mean time, I have added 20,000 additional points to your HHonor's membership as a token of our appreciation and this should show up in a couple of weeks.

Regards,