“beautiful hotel”

Hampton Inn & Suites Greensboro / Coliseum Area
Ranked #3 of 77 Hotels in Greensboro
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed December 2, 2013

gave me a suite even thou i did not ask. hotel was almost empty. cannot remember the ladies name she sounded jamaican or hispanic. she was excellent, and very friendly! also gentlemen when i checked out was excellent. very friendly! I stayed dec 1 at 1045am that morning and checked out 900pm that night:

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Karen G, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Greensboro / Coliseum Area, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2013

YAY! I'm so glad you had a wonderful experience with us and I sincerely hope you come back as a loyal guest! We love, love, love having you here and it means so much to get these wonderful reviews back from awesome guests like you!

Safe and happy travels,

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn & Suites Greensboro / Coliseum Area

Reviewed December 2, 2013

My family and I stayed at this hotel over Thanksgiving. It was centrally located to the area shopping. rooms were clean. staff very hospitable. I realized when we got home that we had accidentally left something in our room. I called the hotel, and the clerk graciously said they had our item and would sent it out with ups the next day. I got a call from someone at the sheraton across the street who said they had my package and was I sure that I wanted them to send this package because of the cost involved? When I asked about the charges $31 (they were going to charge me almost $20, to pick it up and then shipping) I called the hotel to ask why the Sheraton had my package . After calling for over two hours, the manager finally called me back and said "so sorry I was doing reports" as if she was doing me a favor. She said people leave so many things it is inconvenient for her staff to send out everything left behind. It was their policy to have someone else deal with it. Long story, short ending . Paid $31 my daughter is happy Learned lesson DONT LEAVE ANYTHING BEHIND You will pay for it.

Room Tip: rooms are small
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Karen G, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Greensboro / Coliseum Area, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2013

I'm so sorry you left an item here. We really did try to get it back to you, I even offered to go pick it up for you (at the UPS store located in a different property), but you declined my offer. We try to make policies fair for the guests and our busy property and sometimes that isn't feasible for everyone. I'll certainly review the shipping policy for lost and found items and see what more can be done. In the mean time, I have added 20,000 additional points to your HHonor's membership as a token of our appreciation and this should show up in a couple of weeks.

Regards,

Reviewed December 2, 2013

This is an awesome place. The rooms are fab and the price was so much less than I expected. Very modern and spacious. I was very impressed with this hotel. The decor was great and modern. The hotel still smells "new". Bed was very comfortable. Nice breakfast and the breakfast area was very clean.

Ted,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property! We take pride in raising the bar regarding cleanliness and service as leaders in the Industry. My staff is the best and we want you to keep coming back because you mean so much to us as a loyal guest.

Take care,

Reviewed November 26, 2013

This is an awesome place. The rooms are fab and the price was so much less than I expected. Very modern and spacious. Wish I had a resaon to stay longer. As always, arriving at the Hampton Inn is like coming home. Soft bedding, a great breakfast and super friendly staff.
Hampton Inn and Suites Greensboro/Coliseum Area

3033 High Point Rd., Greensboro NC 27403

336-553-1818

karen.grissom2@hilton.com

Rose,

I'm thrilled you enjoyed our property so much! Thank you for taking the time to review us, we really need this feedback. It not only let's us know if there are issues to improve upon, but we love to hear when we get it right! When you are in the area again, please stay with us as a new loyal guest! We want you here!

Safe and Happy Travels!

Reviewed November 25, 2013

I was very impressed with this hotel. The decor was great and modern. The hotel still smells "new". Bed was very comfortable. Nice breakfast and the breakfast area was very clean. My only complaint would be the location. It was very inconvenient getting out of the hotel to my destination. I had to make u turns or go 1/4 mile just to get going in the right direction. Great hotel, will definatly be staying again.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for your kind review! We strive for excellence and appreciate you taking the time to let us know what we did right. The location for the hotel is great and convenient to most folks, however, I'm surprised that you missed our secondary entrance. Around the other side of the hotel, there is an access road that takes you to a light, and it's and easy left from there to get on High Point road. I'm so sorry that you weren't alerted to that, but I do hope you come back and give us another try. We want you here!

Warm regards,

Reviewed November 25, 2013

We stayed in this hotel on the night (11/16) we attended the History of the Eagles concert at the Greensboro Coliseum. We chose this hotel because it was within walking distance (1.2 miles) of the coliseum. A local company was also offering shuttle service from the hotel to the concert for $10. This a very nice property and the hotel is well kept. Check-in was a little slow; however, the two clerks on duty were working diligently to get the many concert goers checked into their rooms. Our room was clean and comfortable. The complementary breakfast the next morning was of good quality with a good selection of different items. Overall, a another good stay at a Hampton Inn.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for taking the time to review our wonderful property! We had so many guests enjoy us for the Eagles concert (I love the Eagles) and it is so convenient to the Coliseum. I'm so glad you had a great experience, and sincerely hope you come back to see us when you are in the area again. We mean a lot to us and we appreciate you.

Yours in Hospitality,

Reviewed November 23, 2013

I was in town on business and once again, I selected this hotel. It is clean, quiet and has great choices on the breakfast menu (included with each stay). The managers special on Wednesdays is a nice treat (free beer & wine). I had an issue with my room door not closing all the way and the manager on duty quickly moved me to another room. If you are looking for a convenient location, clean facilities and nice hotel staff, this Hampton will meet all of your expectations when visiting the great city of Greensboro!

Room Tip: The suites are on the end of each floor ad they are very nice!
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Wow! What a great review! I'm pleased that you continue to have a great stay each time you are here, consistency is key and we want the very best for you. Keep coming back, our staff is the best and we love to have you here!

Warm regards,