“Very Comfortable - Staff Exceptional”

Hampton Inn & Suites Greensboro / Coliseum Area
Ranked #3 of 76 Hotels in Greensboro
GreenLeadersBronze level
Stantonsburg, North Carolina
“Very Comfortable - Staff Exceptional”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Even with this hotel sitting next to the interstate - you could not hear the noise from traffic. The staff were excellent. Wednesday night is Managers night which was FANTASTIC - beer wine shrimp. Room was very comfortable

Room Tip: No restaurant or bar - just nice complementary breakfast - eggs sausage waffles.
2 Thank leathajh_13
sawyer_11, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Greensboro / Coliseum Area, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Thank you for your kind feedback! Our rooms are great and the staff sincerely loves serving our guests. I am constantly rotating out our Manager's reception to highlight our local restaurants, so keep coming back for more surprises. We appreciate your patronage and look forward to continued hospitality.

General Manager/Hampton Inn and Suites Greensboro Coliseum Area

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
Cherokee, North Carolina
Reviewed March 11, 2013

I stayed in an accessible king suite which reminds me of being at home. Meaning I had the same comforts as home and the king size super bed and other amenities make the stay over complete. Although my home town basketball team lost their final four 1A game, the hotel stay made the trip totally a success and worthwhile. Thank you and keep up the great work!

Room Tip: Accessible rooms make travel worries less...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Joseph J
What a great review! I appreciate the time you took to give us feedback, my staff and I are very grateful for serving you and I hope that you come back to see us again when you are traveling through. We treat you like family here and are happy that you felt at home!

Good luck on your next season and safe travels going forward,

Mesquite, Texas, United States
Reviewed March 8, 2013

Nice new hotel, geat front desk crew. Quirt, beautiful, good breakfast, lots of fruit. Easy to get to from the airport. Will stay again if back in Greensboro, NC They have fast internet and a good selection of TV chanels to chose from. They also have plenty of outlets for the business person.

1 Thank Bill C
sawyer_11, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Greensboro / Coliseum Area, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Thank you for such kind words and feedback! We are very glad you reviewed us hope you come back to stay here when you are in the area again. We want you here!

Happy Travels!

Charlotte
Reviewed March 8, 2013

I stayed at the hotel for the first time and thought it was beautiful! The hotel is new and the rooms and accommodations are wonderful. I especially loved the bathroom, the size of the counter, and the different options on the shower head made for a great shower. The Manager's Reception the evening I checked in was great-- GM was out on the floor, greeting her guests. They had food catered by a local restuarant and I could have had a whole meal there if not for my dinner reservations. The front desk staff was effiicient and friendly. The only issue I had was while getting ready in the morning, the power on one side of the hotel room went out, including the bathroom. It may have been my hair dryer that flipped a breaker, but my hair dryer is only 1800 watts-- wouldn't expect a new hotel to have this type of issue. I called the front desk to report it and was told maintenance would be right up to address the issue. However, the front desk called back 10 minutes later to say the maintenance staff didn't come in until 9am, but they were on their way. It was only 8:30am. I had to get dressed in the dark!! Talk about a bad hair day!! The stay was great except for this issue. I would give them another chance......

1 Thank Laura H
Thank you for your kind response. We are constantly trying to improve our processes and certainly need your valuable feedback. I apologize about the power failure, we've never had that happen, so I'm not sure how this occurred. That being said, I'm glad you enjoyed the hotel over all and I hope you come back and give us another try.

Decatur, Georgia
Reviewed March 6, 2013 via mobile

I think this is Brand Nu Hotel the carpet is new all the furniture is updated this is a great deal for the money This is probably the best looking Hampton Inn I've ever stayed at. Indoor pool, fabulous gym with free weights. The breakfast was the same as any other Hampton Inn but the dining area was really nice

• Stayed March 2013
sawyer_11, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Greensboro / Coliseum Area, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Thank you for your feedback we really need to hear the good things (and bad) that our guest are experiencing. I am so blessed and grateful to serve wonderful guests such as yourself and this awesome community. I especially love that you compared us to Hilton Garden Inn, they have a great product as well.

When you are in the area agian, please consider staying with us. We really want you here!

Safe and Happy travels,

General Manager/Hampton Inn and Suites Greesnboro Coliseum
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed March 6, 2013

This is a beautiful, newly opened hotel with a modern and sleek decor. I stayed only one night, but received exceptional service from a freindly and helpful staff. The breakfast and coffee was tasty and the dining area was spacious. I will return on my next visit.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Wow!! What a great review! Thank you so much for your kind words, I really appreciate the time you took to give us feedback. We are very grateful for wonderful guests such as yourself and blessed to serve this community. Our staff is the best, while not perfect we strive for excellence every day.

Please come see us again when you are in the area again!

Hampton Inn and Suites Greensboro Coliseum Area
Bethel, CT
Reviewed March 6, 2013

I have stayed here twice now and the first time was OK. Only complaint was the morning hot stuff never changed over a 5 day period and no english muffins. I know its petty but I like it and always get them elsewhere. I was told they were just out this week? I guess no grocery stores close by? and the sugar free maple syrup as the only syrup choice was disappointing as well. My last stay all went well except for the used bar of soap in the shower !! Makes you wonder how well they really are cleaning

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your kind rsponse, we appreciate your feedback good or bad. We try to offer a variety of bread products to keep our frequent travelers from having the same items every day. It certainly is an option to offer English muffins and though it is not a brand requirement, I'll consider this my first request. I apologize about the clenaliness of the bathroom, we have new trainees and they should have been checked behind. We have a high standard of cleanliness and are very thorough so I will use this as an opportunity for additional coaching and training.

If you are in the area again, please consider staying with us again. We want to prove that we are ranked the #1 Business hotel in Greensboro for a reason!

General Manager/