“Just what the doctor ordered for Greensboro.”

Hampton Inn & Suites Greensboro / Coliseum Area
Ranked #3 of 77 Hotels in Greensboro
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is clean with a great staff. The Generel Manager is accessible , friendly and professional. This is a star in Greensboro and a star for the Hampton Inn Chain. When you go to Greensboro you gotta stay here.

• Stayed: January 2013
sawyer_11, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Greensboro / Coliseum Area, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2013

Thank you so much for your kind words, we so blessed to a part of this great community and serving wonderful guests such as yourself. I appreciate your time in writing this awesome review and hope that when you are in the area again, you stay with us. We want you here!

Safe and happy travels,
Karen Grissom
General Manager/Hampton Inn and Suites Greensboro Coliseum

Reviewed January 9, 2013

The hotel is perfectly clean, smells good, new design, all amenities, good food, great people, close to everything, great selection of restarants nearby. I travel carolinas weekly for work so i feel like i am someone who knows and this is my new place for gboro.

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank tcronicles
sawyer_11, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Greensboro / Coliseum Area, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2013

Once again, thank you for your kind review! I sincerely appreciate your feedback and am grateful for your time. We have such a great team here! As a General Manager, I am fortunate to serve such great guests such as yourself and our wonderful community. If you happen to be in the area again, please consider staying with us once more. We want you here!

Warm regards and happy travels,

Reviewed January 3, 2013

Oh man, where do I begin with this review. I have stayed at all the Hilton properties in Greensboro and this by far is the best has to offer. So, here is where I begin when you walk the through front doors the smell of freshness makes you take a deep breath and realize you are home. I was greeted by Terry who is amazing. The past 2 months of me staying there he knows my name which makes feel extra special. It's not too many hotels I have been to where the remember my name or even welcome me back to the property or even try to hold a conversation. Everyone in my company I work for says Terry is a keeper for the company and we hope to see him grow because he doesn't need to go anywhere. Ok, enough about terry, the rooms are spectactular nice,clean,fresh,spacious,cozy and very inviting. The housekeepers know what they are doing and are clearly trained very well. I have yet to come back to my room and was not properly clean. So KUDOS to housekeeping staff..

The morning crew which we tend to pass by becasue me and the team are always runnning out the door. But , we did have breakfast the other day and Labarrbra ( i thinks thats how its spelled) she had a very friendly attitude and Caraletta is always so bubbly in the morning she gives us the extra push when we looked like we are just rolling out the bed.

Room Tip: Terry, LaBarbara, Carletta these are great people to get to know when you stay there. Very humble, s...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank qualitytraveler23

I appreciate your nice remarks, it's very kind of you to review our wonderful property. I'm blessed to be a part of a great team and to be able to serve great guests such as yourself. If you are in the area again, please stay with us. We want to see you here!

Reviewed January 2, 2013

I travel weekly for business across the country and this was one of the nicer properties I have stayed in recently. I called ahead about 30 minutes before I got to the hotel to make a reservation. They were very pleasant. There was a group of 6 of us staying at hotel and they were quick and efficient as we all checked in at same time. The morning breakfast buffet was pretty good for a free buffet. Also the front desk clerk was very pleasant and helpful at suggestions for dinner in nearby area. Overall the service was above many high end hotels I have stayed at in last year.

If I had one complaint, it was that the pool was cold and not heated very warmly in the winter and they had no hot tub. However, the rooms were very spacious, modern and clean.

Overall it was a great location to stay in the area

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank travelpink586

Thank you so much for your time and nice remarks, it's very kind of you to review our wonderful property. I'm blessed to be a part of a fabulous team and to be able to serve great guests such as yourself. If you are in the area again, please stay with us. We want to see you here!

Reviewed January 1, 2013

You expect the amenities to be great at a new property - and they are at this new Hampton Inn & Suites. What you are not sure of at any property is the level of service the staff will provide. This location far exceeds the service standards set by Hilton properties. We stayed on New Year's Eve because we were attending a concert right down the street. The staff, led by manager Marcus, was welcoming, super efficient and knowledgeable. The serving time for the breakfast buffet was extended for all of the late risers. Every single thing was thought of and attended to by the staff. I hope to return to Greensboro so I can stay at this property again. I highly recommend it to anyone staying in Greensboro for either business or pleasure. Thanks Marcus & crew for a great experience.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank ny2oh2nc

Thank you so much for your time and kind remarks. I appreciate you reviewing our wonderful property. I'm blessed to be a part of a great team and to be able to serve great guests such as yourself. If you are in the area again, please stay with us. We want to see you here!

Reviewed December 31, 2012

This is a new Hampton Inn and my wife and I just stayed there over the weekend. The hotel is tastefully decorated and is close to restaurants and other attractions in the area. The breakfast bar was nice as usual with Hampton Inns. The only complaint was they are stingy with the towels. There are two of us and we got 2 sets of towels. We wrote a note the next morning for the maids to see and left our tip and when that didn't seem to work, my wife asked the one of the maids for them and got some. Prices were reasonable using points and dollars, so it was a good value.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank FullTimeTraveller51

Thank you for reviewing our beautiful property! We are blessed to serve this great community and wonderful guests like yourself.

If you are in the area again, please stay with us! We want you here!

Safe and happy travels,

Karen Grissom
General Manager/Hampton Inn and Suites Greensboro Coliseum

Reviewed December 25, 2012

New, clean and fresh. The room was large with two double beds and the shower was efficient if not drenching: I guess it has to comply with eco regulations. The air conditioning is from a unit beneath the window linked to a wall control: not as good as central air but it was fine. If you don't like the feel of airflow, you can sleep in the inner bed. Unlike many roadside hotels, a large, airy breakfast area and the food is good: fresh cut fruit, cereals, cooked oatmeal, bagels and muffins, plus a hot choice: one day it was omelettes (pre-made and heated up), another it was scrambled eggs. A short drive on the highway to downtown without the expense and bother of finding city center parking. Definitely a good choice for seeing Greensboro and neighboring Winston-Salem.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Scot_Wha's_Away
sawyer_11, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Greensboro / Coliseum Area, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2013

I appreciate your nice remarks, it's very kind of you to review our wonderful property. I'm blessed to be a part of a fabulous team and to be able to serve great guests such as yourself. If you are in the area again, please stay with us and tell you friends and associates. We want to see you here!