“It's attached to a gas station but don't let that stop you!”
Review of Big Burger Spot

Big Burger Spot
Ranked #26 of 912 Restaurants in Greensboro
Cuisines: American
Reviewed September 3, 2014

Great place to get made-to-order burgers and fries. The brioche bun was toasted and fresh. Hubby had the Backyard BBQ burger and loved it. I had a turkey burger; moist and yummy! You can get an Angus ground beef, turkey, bison, or house made veggie patty. Keep in mind that there are 3 sizes of patties. We all went with the smallest (called Big) which was 1/3 pound. There is also a kids menu. My son had the Chicken Tenders and raved about them. French fires are also great and can be ordered with specialty toppings such as chili cheese, loaded nacho, and pesto garlic aioli to name a few. They also serve Sweet Potato waffle fries but we didn't have them. Lastly, if burgers aren't your thing, they also serve sandwiches out of the smoker. Don't forget to get a milkshake!

Reviewed August 17, 2014

We have been to this location on several occasions and we enjoy it. The burgers are decent and they try to hit the temperature requested. One thing the piment cheese burger was WAY to cheesy for my tastes so it would equate to something like 3 slices of cheese. The texas burger has smoked meats on it, but it was only about 1 oz of meat so not worth it for me. The fries are very good and have a great selection, but they can be a little greasy. They do have a pet friendly outside seating area and have pet friendly items on the menu. Also for a fee you can have an artist add your animal to a mural on the side of the building. That alone has pushed the rating up in our eyes.

1  Thank Mike L
Reviewed August 11, 2014

We stopped for a late lunch on a Sunday. Don't let the fact that it's next to a gas station make you nervous.
The burgers we had were very good. Fresh brioche buns delivered daily from a local bakery and fresh toppings. Burger cooked to order and not just burnt like some places. You can get it pink and juicy here. I had the Carolina and enjoyed it.
They have some unusual toppings for their specialty fries and I stuck with the bacon cheddar. Lots of crumbled bacon (freshly fried) and a great cheese sauce - good. A friend had the Pesto Garlic Aioli fries and after trying I wished I had ordered those. They sounded odd but the taste was fantastic. Strong garlic flavor. Would have been nice if the basket the pesto garlic aioli fries were in had something to catch all the oil because the fries on the bottom were kind of soggy but still tasted great.
The woman taking orders was friendly and patient. It's a small place but we got lucky and it wasn't crowded.
What a surprising find! I'll come back if I'm in the area for lunch again.

2  Thank nittanydave
Reviewed August 5, 2014

We actually went to the location near Spare Time off Guilford College. The bright green and yellow sign called to me and I am glad! Friendly staff, big delicious grilled from the backyard taste and fantastic hand cut fries. A huge selection of burgers to choose from or build your own. And the fries? So many options it's crazy. We got the "almost" size burgers and they're 1/3 lb of burger so be really hungry if you go with the "big" or "colossus". Great meal and to top it if Coke instead of Pepsi so added bonus for me. I will definitely be going back soon.

Reviewed August 1, 2014

this is by far, my favorite place to get burgers! the atmosphere is great and the employees are very polite. great place to bring kids too!