“Hamburgers with freshly ground meat--imagine that...” 4 of 5 bubbles

Big Burger Spot
Ranked #22 of 885 Restaurants in Greensboro
Cuisines: American, Fast Food
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Television, Wheelchair Accessible
Greensboro, North Carolina
“Hamburgers with freshly ground meat--imagine that...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2013

From time to time, I crave a good hamburger. Most of what passes for a hamburger these days is tasteless meat served fast food style. I do NOT go to the big chains anymore. Why bother?

But a friend kept telling me I should try the Big Burger Spot here in Greensboro. One day, I met him at the restaurant and ordered a medium sized cheese burger. I later saw why they call it "medium". The Big, Big burger is all that the name implies.

My "entree" was exceptional--tasty, cooked exactly as I'd asked, and garnished with exactly what I'd ordered. It's hard to was poetical about a hamburger, but I'll say this: it is the best burger in this city--hands down.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank William S

Greensboro, North Carolina
“True to the name - little place BIG Burgers.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2013 via mobile

Our most recent visit my boys had burgers - and what an amazing menu of burger options! In the past I had the pimento cheese & bacon burger (yummy), today I tried the southern Philly cheese steak. Piled high with slow cooked tender beef brisket, loaded with colorful peppers & onions, oozing provolone cheese on a soft hoagie roll. The sandwich so big I had to cut it into 3 pieces to eat it. Delicious.
The indoor part of restaurant is simple; but the outdoor seating is really neat.
This place is busy, and no wonder. we heard about it through a friend, and what a great recommendation.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Summerfield, North Carolina, United States
“Best Hamburger in Greensboro”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

There is a wide variety of burgers and fries at Burger Spot. I especially like the "Patty Melt". Fries with dipping sauce are quite good as well.

Visited June 2013
High Point, North Carolina
“Burgers are Pretty Top Notched”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2013

This was a recommended restaurant to my family. We visited on a Friday evening and the timing was perfect, right before the rush! I had the Almost Bacon Bacon burger which was excellent. The potato bun really set off the burger.We also had the kids cheeseburger and my husband had the Classic. We shared the Big size of Bacon Ranch fries. The food was not greasy and the portions were perfect and filing. It did not take long to receive our order at all. Please do not be discouraged that it may not be a typical restaurant. We will definitely go back

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Atlanta, Georgia
“Slam dunk....best burgers!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

We went ten miles off the path to check this burger joint out. All the wonderful reviews called our name and it didn't disappoint. Don't let the exterior of this little hole in the wall stop you. The Big Burger Spot is located on the side of a gas station. When you walk in the door, you will see a large menu board on the wall. We were waited on by a very nice and friendly young lady. She stood in a doorway/window area and took our orders. After you place your order, your food is prepared fresh. The dining room area is somewhat small but they also have an area with tables outside. They offer three different sized burgers. I ordered their Big Turkey Burger. I loved being able to choose my topping from a large list of ingredients to build my burger. My turkey burger was a nice size. Usually I would share something of this size but it was so good, I ate every bite. It was cooked perfectly, seasoned and moist. I loved their grilled sweet onions, peppers, and mushrooms. The bun was toasted to perfection. My husband ordered their Big Pimento Cheeseburger. He ordered it with bacon, lettuce, tomato, jalapeños, and red onions. The burger was excellent. It was hot and fresh, seasoned well and had nice grill marks. We shared an order of sweet potato waffle fries. They were very good and had a slight spicy kick to them. The only complaint I have is the dining room needed a little attention. The trash can desperately needed changed and wiped down. The floors could've used a good mopping. If it hadn't been for cleanliness factor, I would have gave it five stars. The burgers are incredible. By far the best we have ever experienced dining out.

Visited April 2013