“Burgers are Pretty Top Notched”
Review of Big Burger Spot

Big Burger Spot
Ranked #23 of 904 Restaurants in Greensboro
Cuisines: American
Reviewed June 2, 2013

This was a recommended restaurant to my family. We visited on a Friday evening and the timing was perfect, right before the rush! I had the Almost Bacon Bacon burger which was excellent. The potato bun really set off the burger.We also had the kids cheeseburger and my husband had the Classic. We shared the Big size of Bacon Ranch fries. The food was not greasy and the portions were perfect and filing. It did not take long to receive our order at all. Please do not be discouraged that it may not be a typical restaurant. We will definitely go back

Reviewed May 7, 2013

We went ten miles off the path to check this burger joint out. All the wonderful reviews called our name and it didn't disappoint. Don't let the exterior of this little hole in the wall stop you. The Big Burger Spot is located on the side of a gas station. When you walk in the door, you will see a large menu board on the wall. We were waited on by a very nice and friendly young lady. She stood in a doorway/window area and took our orders. After you place your order, your food is prepared fresh. The dining room area is somewhat small but they also have an area with tables outside. They offer three different sized burgers. I ordered their Big Turkey Burger. I loved being able to choose my topping from a large list of ingredients to build my burger. My turkey burger was a nice size. Usually I would share something of this size but it was so good, I ate every bite. It was cooked perfectly, seasoned and moist. I loved their grilled sweet onions, peppers, and mushrooms. The bun was toasted to perfection. My husband ordered their Big Pimento Cheeseburger. He ordered it with bacon, lettuce, tomato, jalapeños, and red onions. The burger was excellent. It was hot and fresh, seasoned well and had nice grill marks. We shared an order of sweet potato waffle fries. They were very good and had a slight spicy kick to them. The only complaint I have is the dining room needed a little attention. The trash can desperately needed changed and wiped down. The floors could've used a good mopping. If it hadn't been for cleanliness factor, I would have gave it five stars. The burgers are incredible. By far the best we have ever experienced dining out.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

We have eaten at Burger Spot well over a dozen times since they opened in 2012. All other burgers pale in comparison - even the classic is something special! The fries are always perfectly cooked - we love the dipping fries and all of the dip choices. Buns are always perfectly toasted and the bun:burger ratio is perfect down to the last bite. Toppings are always fresh and delicious.

They recently started serving milkshakes which are delicious, THICK and creamy! Employees are friendly and efficient. We are always amazed at the accuracy of order taking and preparation. The owner is one of the nicest "guys" you'll ever meet:-) Big Burger Spot is one of those rare and special local eateries. We recommend you go early or late to avoid the lunch rush - we've seen the line out the door!

1  Thank LoveBandBs_8
Reviewed April 8, 2013

This place has wonderful food--it is small and beside a gas station, but looks very nice inside. The Backyard BBQ Burger is my favorite. Mushroom swiss is awesome. They have huge salads, pork sandwiches and the best brisket I have had outside Texas. Great shakes and brownies as well. The list of free extra toppings is long--you can really create your own masterpiece! We love it and go often!

1  Thank goinplaces2008
Reviewed April 2, 2013 via mobile

This burger place looks a little scary from the outside in the sense that it is connected to a gas station. But on the inside it is a clean and cool place. They have a wide variety of burgers including black bean and chickpea burgers. U got the Mediterranean burger with humus and cucumber sauce it was great. The black and bleu was also great. We got the dipping fries that comes with your chose of 3 dipping sauces. The blue cheese, pesto mayo, sriacha ketchup was great. Would go back! It got really busy around 12 FYI