“Burgers that live up to the hype!”
Review of Big Burger Spot

Big Burger Spot
Ranked #18 of 886 Restaurants in Greensboro
Cuisines: American
Greensboro, NC
“Burgers that live up to the hype!”
Reviewed July 27, 2012

I first visited Big Burger Spot because friends were posting on Facebook and blogs about how unbelievably good the burgers and fries were. I was skeptical. Really? How good could they be? And it's a tiny restaurant located next door to a gas station. An amazing burger could come from there? But I kept hearing great things, so I tried them, and... WOW! They live up to the hype! From the first bite, I was hooked! Best burger I've ever had! I went back four times the first week and I've since taken everyone in my family and all my close friends. I eat there at least once a week now.

Hand-pattied Angus Beef, turkey and house-made veggie burgers are cooked on an infrared grill which seals in the juices. Beef burgers are cooked to desired doneness. Turkey burgers are cooked medium well. The "almost" burger is 1/3 lb. and "big" is 1/2 lb. There's also the 3/4 lb. "colossal" and 1 lb. "big colossal".

There are nine burger options including Classic (American cheese, lettuce, tomato, pickle, mustard, ketchup, mayo -- my favorite!); Carolina (Cheddar cheese, chili, slaw, mustard, onion); and Mediterranean (lettuce, tomato, onions, hummus, cucumber yogurt sauce); or Build Your Own.

Fries include a seasoned option and sweet potato waffle fries, as well as 10 "specialty fries", including Bacon Ranch Fries, Pesto Garlic Aioli Fries and White Truffle Fries.

Big Burger Spot also serves salads (huge - they come in big silver mixing bowls), including Cobb, Grilled Chicken and Greek; and sandwiches, including Smoked Corned Beef Brisket, BLT and Pimento Cheese; plus Hot Dogs and Bratwurst. They have a children's menu and fresh-made brownies for dessert.

It's a very family-friendly environment. The owner is often in the restaurant and he greets everyone and remembers repeat customers. The staff is friendly. The food is AMAZINGLY DELICIOUS!! Great place to eat!

Highly recommended!! Enjoy. :)

• Visited July 2012

Greensboro, North Carolina
“Best Burger's in Greensboro”
Reviewed July 8, 2012

Very good taste like it's right off the grill. French Fries are good. It is very small and in a gas station parking lot. This place is 10 times better than 5 Guys. The owner came out and went over the menu and took our order. Well worth the visit.

• Visited June 2012