“Hidden Gem -- Make Sure to Visit”

Guilford Courthouse National Military Park
Ranked #3 of 76 things to do in Greensboro
Reviewed March 16, 2014

We happened upon this hidden gem of history on our way back to the Greensboro Airport. We are avid supporters of the National Park Service. They have a tremendously educational facility here, including a fascinating film in the Visitor Center. We were fortunate to attend on the 233rd anniversary so we got to hear the drum and bugle corps perform. We just wish we had more time to see more of the battleground.

Reviewed March 1, 2014

My Family took me here for the first time when I was 5 and although I later lived in Greensboro, I never took this Hallowed Ground for granted. I recently had the opportunity to spend more than half a day at the Visitor's Center, which was new to me since the last time I was there for any length of time.....The Center is well maintained with a dedicated Staff & you will not regret spending time there....the Battlefield itself, especially the Drive Around, is now swamped with "suburbanite" drones, but the interior of the Park still holds the Wonders of History & The Story of Independence.........

Reviewed February 17, 2014

It would be nice to have some guidance vs. just finding our way around but the area is nice and incredibly historical/significant.

1  Thank jcrboc
Reviewed January 24, 2014

The Visitors Center offers an excellent over view of the battle that is a prelude to the ultimate victory of the US over Britian in the Revolutionary War. The Center tells the story of the war up to the date of the battle. Describes the battle and the leaders and forces involved, and why it was so important to the US war effort.

There is also a road and trails through the battlefield with observations points, statues, etc.

1  Thank Rick A
Reviewed January 15, 2014

Nice trails for biking, jogging or just walking. Statues of Revolutionary War abound, so you can take a walk through history as you stroll through the park.

1  Thank VTKidsAuthor