“Loud music, long wait, good food, never again”
Review of Tavo

Tavo
Ranked #549 of 895 Restaurants in Greensboro
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Where Rum Runners used to be
“Loud music, long wait, good food, never again”
Reviewed June 7, 2013

I came to Tavo the first time a few weeks ago and I liked it. The second time was horrible! The live band had horrible acoustics!!! Too loud, couldn't talk to my friends. Got here at 9:45 and got my food at 11:30. It was busy but that is a long wait. By the time I got my good I was so annoyed that I just ate my food in anger!!! Never coming here again and no one should either. Lesson learned

• Visited June 2013

“It's nothing to write home about...”
Reviewed June 6, 2013

My husband and I happened upon Tavo while trying to find a dinner spot this evening. We had never heard of it and hadn't read any reviews. The menu posted outside looked like it might be good, so we decides to try it.

We had a bumpy start to our visit as our waitress was in training and her manager was literally standing right over her shoulder making her so nervous she spilled our drinks on the floor. I felt bad for the poor girl. He was making me nervous too! She was very nice and apologetic, as was everyone else. They did move the two of us to another very large table. We had to send back my husbands replacement beer because it was in a dirty class. The 3rd beer attempt was fine. Our spilled drinks were to be comped per the manager, but they ended up on our bill. We paid for them anyway, it wasn't really worth the time to bring it up.

The atmosphere is impressive, but I didn't understand why they would put a television in the corner of that huge room or why they even had a television for that matter.

The food was pretty good for the most part and the portions were a good size. It took a little while to arrive, but our server did explain when I ordered that my dish would take a little longer. We didn't have to wait too, too long and food came out hot. My only problem with the food was my collard greens. They were so salty I couldn't eat them. I just read that on other reviews as well.

This place has a few good things going on, but it's really not worth another visit for us.

• Visited June 2013
Robbins, North Carolina
“Great Food, slow service”
Reviewed June 3, 2013

I visited Tavo while in a training session in Greensboro. When we finally received our food, after an hour wait, it was hot and had great flavor. It is a very nicely decorated restaurant, and I assumed it would be pricey. It was actually a really good value. We were extended over 30 minutes on our alloted lunch break. Thank goodness it was about half of the class so our instructed didn't seem too upset. Good food, needs work on service.

• Visited May 2013
Greensboro, North Carolina
“Elegant Soul Food”
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Tavo has excellent soul food delivered in an elegant atmosphere. My most recent visit was on a Thursday evening to enjoy the half-price wine. I've also been on Friday evenings when they feature live music.

Visited March 2013
Bowie, Maryland
“Good Food, Large Portions, Great Atmosphere”
Reviewed May 14, 2013

I visited this restaurant at the recommendation of a friend. We arrived late afternoon so the restaurant was not crowded and we were seated immediately. The atmosphere is very warm and inviting. The menu offers a nice variety so there's something for everyone. I had the Cajun chicken, sauteed spinach and the very cheesy macaroni and cheese. My Mother had the Ribeye steak. Both meat portions were substantial. The food was very flavorful and satisfying. Service was very good as well. I would visit again.

• Visited May 2013