“Good food and good service”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Tavo

Tavo
Ranked #539 of 886 Restaurants in Greensboro
Cuisines: American, International
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Where Rum Runners used to be
High Point, North Carolina
“Good food and good service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013

I recently bought a $40.00 Living Social certificate for Tavo and planned to use it with my wife at dinner. After reading the complaints about very long waits for service and orders at dinner, we decided to ask another couple to join us for an early lunch there today. We arrived at 11:30 and were the first customers seated. We had very good service and our food came out in a timely manner. My wife and I both got the Philly Chicken Wrap. We asked for hot peppers instead of the bell peppers they usually put in the wrap. They were very hot but that's how we like them. The other couple with us ordered the chicken sliders and the salisbury steak, They both commented on how much they enjoyed their meal. Our waiter came by every ten to fifteen minutes to refill our water glasses. It was an enjoyable meal.

• Visited April 2013

“Service was great, Food was okay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2013

I came there on a Saturday night 04/13/13 I did not have a reservation but the host asked my guest and I did we want to sit at the bar to have a couple drinks while we wait for our table. The hostess that were there that night were very friendly , professional, they were young, fresh and was a pleasure to look at when you first enter the restaurant. But after 20 minutes they came and got us from the bar and told us that our table was ready, I was very pleased with short amount of time we had to wait. I appreciate that they treated us very well seeing that we did not have a reservation because it was very busy that night. We sat at a comfortable booth and our server was very nice and seemed very experienced. I ordered a steak and it was not cooked to my liking but I ate it anyway because I did not want to complain. And I also got asparagus which was three tiny pieces, could have been more due to the price. But overall the service was great but the food could get better.

danville va
“Should have listened to trip advisor!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2013

My husband and I, and another couple had reservations that we made online for dinner at 7. We drove for 45 minutes to get there. First off the parking is difficult because it's downtown and the garage that you are recommended to park in has no connector to their builiding so you have to go outside and walk around the building. It's ok for daytime, but for nighttime that could be unsafe. We dealt with that and said ok we understand it's downtown so that gets a pass. When we got in the restaurant the girls at the desk stated they didn't take online reservations anymore. They were not very friendly or accomodating. Well mine went through with confirmation and everything so I told her this and the fact that we came a long distance. We finally got a seat in about 30+ minutes. Once we were seated the server was nice, but once he got our drinks we didn't see him to order our food for another 30 minutes. Finally we ordered and waited another 45 minutes for our food. We were told they had a large party and got behind, but for the size of the restaurant you should be prepared for large numbers, at least you would think they should. The portion size is not that great. It's like they are afraid they will run out of food. The food was ok, but not worth that wait. It is definitely a gathering place so expect plenty of noise. I will say the manager and assistant manager were really nice. I guess they have to be because of the delays. They came by often and brought us an extra basket of their signature corn muffins. I per person. Since the food takes so long you would think they would give you 2 lol! but anyway they are the real assets to the place. The head chef came by often and seemed to stay out of the kitchen more than in. Maybe he should have been in there a little more often because my chicken was dry as dust. I hate to give a bad review of a new place that has great potential, but I have to be honest. Hopefully they will get it together. After a year you would think the kinks would be out by now. I will say I hope they do! It is not somewhere we would hurry to go back to. Maybe if they get it together we will try again later. Thumbs up for them being nice. Thumbs up for a nice place, Thumbs down for time, wait, portions, and food.

danville, Virginia, USA
“Beautiful place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

Didn't eat. Went in for a birthday gathering. Was very impressed by what i saw. Will defiantly go back and actually sit and eat. Been recommending the place to everyone just based on the setting location and ambiance!

Visited April 2013
greensboro, North Carolina
“Worst Dining Experience EVER!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013

I'm a big supporter of revitalizing downtown and supporting the restaurants but we made a terrible, terrible mistake going here on Saturday night (3/30) for an early evening (6:15) dinner before the Triad Stage show. Similar to other posts, a reservation was made but were had to wait to be seated for a longer than acceptable period of time. and then had to find our own chairs to accomodate the group. This tells we their actually wasn't a "reservation" after all so the importance of our time constraint was completely ignored. After being seated, we waited and waited for any sign of a server. Then waited and waited for drinks and to get our order taken. After more than an hour salads arrived and corn muffins but no plates to put them on. Evidently the server turned in orders a half an hour after they were taken. After an hour and forty five minutes some of the members of the party received their food. Keep in mind, these were salads, all vegetable dishes, "specials", etc. Absolutely nothing complicated. So, if you own this restaurant and are reading this, you need to seriously look at what is going on here. I have several theories including poorly trained staff, terrible management of the kitchen, ijmproper reservation taking, inability to manage groups of more than 2, etc. There are too many other choices downtown, so unless you are independently wealthy I doubt you can sustain this restaurant running like this. Had I been the one in the group selecting a restaurant, I would have minimally read the reviews on here. There are totally true. Please do come downtown, but avoid the restaurant unless you want your evening ruined! This was the first time I actually walked out of restaurant hungry and in complete disgust.

• Visited March 2013