“Beautiful place”

Ranked #427 of 937 Restaurants in Greensboro
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Where Rum Runners used to be
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Didn't eat. Went in for a birthday gathering. Was very impressed by what i saw. Will defiantly go back and actually sit and eat. Been recommending the place to everyone just based on the setting location and ambiance!

Reviewed April 1, 2013

I'm a big supporter of revitalizing downtown and supporting the restaurants but we made a terrible, terrible mistake going here on Saturday night (3/30) for an early evening (6:15) dinner before the Triad Stage show. Similar to other posts, a reservation was made but were had to wait to be seated for a longer than acceptable period of time. and then had to find our own chairs to accomodate the group. This tells we their actually wasn't a "reservation" after all so the importance of our time constraint was completely ignored. After being seated, we waited and waited for any sign of a server. Then waited and waited for drinks and to get our order taken. After more than an hour salads arrived and corn muffins but no plates to put them on. Evidently the server turned in orders a half an hour after they were taken. After an hour and forty five minutes some of the members of the party received their food. Keep in mind, these were salads, all vegetable dishes, "specials", etc. Absolutely nothing complicated. So, if you own this restaurant and are reading this, you need to seriously look at what is going on here. I have several theories including poorly trained staff, terrible management of the kitchen, ijmproper reservation taking, inability to manage groups of more than 2, etc. There are too many other choices downtown, so unless you are independently wealthy I doubt you can sustain this restaurant running like this. Had I been the one in the group selecting a restaurant, I would have minimally read the reviews on here. There are totally true. Please do come downtown, but avoid the restaurant unless you want your evening ruined! This was the first time I actually walked out of restaurant hungry and in complete disgust.

Reviewed March 8, 2013

Our first visit to Tavo was in Nov. 2011 and we were very pleased. The food was good, service was great, prices reasonable, and it is a great space. The restaurant had lost ground on the quality of the food and the service when we went for lunch in Feb., 2013. Service was slow and confused and one server was much more interested in finishing his shift and leaving than he was in taking care of us. The food quality and preparation suffered as well. We will probably try it again to see if things have improved but they will have to do better as a restaurant to survive in the very competitive business they are in.

1  Thank 50Stater
Reviewed February 24, 2013

The worst dining experience I have had in a very long time. The rice pilaf was bland and mushy, lack of seasoning on the grilled salmon. I have seen Kraft box mac & cheese look and taste better than what Tavo served. Corn muffins, chicken wings and grilled asparagus were good; not good enough for me tor do a return visit. I would not recommend this restaurant to anyone. Thank God for cool friends as that was the best part of my Tavo experience.

Reviewed February 16, 2013

Even with a reservation we waited over 40 minutes to be seated. Several people had come in after us and were seated BEFORE US!!! Once seated, waited 20 minutes for the server to come greet us. We were seated in a very busy noisy area and asked if we could move to a vacant booth on the other side. Hostess informed us that we couldn't because that booth was reserved for a party of four. Not 20 minutes later, they sat a couple ( party of 2) in that same booth!!! We asked to speak to the manager because now it had been 30 minutes since we ordered and we weren't even offered a bread basket or drinks @_@ manager never came out!!! We finally left at 10 pm hungry and aggravated..... And we chose to spend our Valentines evening at Tavo's???..... NEVER AGAIN!!!

1  Thank Hazulize

Been to Tavo? Share your experiences!