“Great Appetizers” 3 of 5 bubbles

Tripps
Ranked #135 of 885 Restaurants in Greensboro
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Description: Off New Garden Rd.; the third Tripps in Greensboro.
Lexington, South Carolina
“Great Appetizers”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013

Stopped in for dinner at Tripps as part of business training trip. Appetizers were amazing: wings, southwest rolls in particular were off the chart. Main course options seemed standard "family-steakhouse" par. Ordered the Salmon, it was not. Very thin piece and very dry. Steam veggies were seasoned perfectly so salmon may be one-off. Decor seemed aged, but overall a decent experience.

Visited May 2013

NC, USA
“Amazing brunch!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2013

The brunch was delicious, French toast and Western Omelet were amazing, the muffins were awesome and the service had a great touch! We loved the paintings and the ambience ! We highly recommended and we for sure we will get back soon!

• Visited June 2013
Greensboro, North Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wow, what a great place.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

This place blew me away. They have a menu item for every taste. Your portions are so good that I always have a box for lunch the next day. Plus the service is extraordinary. They hold the door open. That means a lot when I have my disabled mother come. Everybody smiles, everybody looks and dresses great. Weds is always our waiter. Hands down I think he is the best waiter in Greensboro. He belongs in a five star restaurant. The precise detail he describes menu items help clear any confusion. He remembered us after the first visit. He always brings a drink to go without asking and truly makes total customer focus his biggest value. My mother absolutely adores him. The food is fantastic every time. I love the ribs and the oriental salad. Both blew me away. Thanks Tripps for bringing excellence to the triad.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Wilmington, North Carolina
“Great spot!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2013

Had a great time with girlfriends, the staff was great & fun to chat with. Food was amazing : ) We stopped in for a wine & stayed for lunch!

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Greensboro, North Carolina, United States
“Adequate, Nothing More”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2013

It has been a number of years since I have eaten at Tripps and after dining here again I remember why. The food is okay, nothing more or less. I had the grilled shrimp pasta with a light cream sauce and vegetables and it was pretty good and cost about $12. My wife had the small house salad and baked potato soup which she said was very good and this ran about $10. The thing that annoys me about a place like Tripps is that when you walk in the door it seems that every wait person and hostess is crowded around the entrance and this is very annoying to me. First off, having worked in a number of restaurants over the years I go by the philosophy that if you have "time to lean, you have time to clean". Also, how can they be waiting on the tables if they're crowded around the front door. This may be my pet peeve but so be it. The service we had was fair at best. I always love it when the person that takes the order brings something back in 5 minutes and can't remember who ordered it. This to me is a sign of poor training and waiting. Anyway, we managed to get through dinner and we did get everything we ordered but it will be a number of years before I return, if at all.

• Visited January 2013