“OK overnight hotel!”

SpringHill Suites Greensboro
Ranked #10 of 77 Hotels in Greensboro
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

Stopped in Greensboro for an overnight stay on our roadtrip, and our choice to stay here was based hotel on reviews from Tripadvisor. The hotel seemed to be family friendly, with a pool that we could smell as soon as we entered the lobby and almost up to our 2nd floor room. Everything was clean, staff was polite. But the rooms were a bit oddly devided between bed and livingroom sections, and the bathroom had the sink outside... The most annoying thing was the rooms aircon, which was 4-5 feet from the bed and LOUD! Slept very poorly because of it and with outside temps in the humid 90's, turning it off wasn't an option."

• Stayed: July 2013
SpringHillSuitesGSO, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Greensboro, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2013

Thank you for your review on our hotel. We are glad to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and enjoyed our pool, gym and breakfast. We hope to welcome you back again soon!

Reviewed July 3, 2013

We're just completing a trip across the country & this is our favorite motel of everywhere we stayed. Outstanding front desk support, perfect room, delicious full hot breakfast, every staff member friendly beyond belief. There was even a substantial evening snack provided by a local restaurant that served as dinner. Look no further!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Carnforthonthego

Thank you for being such a loyal guest of ours! Our guest are like family to us! We look forward to seeing you on your next trip!

Reviewed July 1, 2013

First, let me say that the customer service in this hotel was great - maybe the best I've ever had. The whole place was clean, from the rooms to the pool to the breakfast area. I even let my son take a bath in the tub, and that's a rarity when we travel. I loved that coffee and tea were always available in the lobby, and the coffee was good! Breakfast was great too. Maybe I've just been in the north too long now, but I thought the biscuits and gravy were fantastic (some of the best I've had). Nice that there were eggs and waffles too, and my son was pleased with the cereal selection. Yes, the more standard Marriott bed would've been nice. We didn't sleep horribly though, and they pointed out right away at check-in that they were scheduled for a remodel in December. Their fitness center only has one treadmill (and no other cardio equipment) which I waited to use for quite awhile, so just a head's up to anyone thinking they'd use it. My number one complaint is that I thought the room smelled like bug spay upon entering it. And it took a LONG time for the smell to dissipate. My husband disagrees, thinking the smell could be attributed to whatever cleaners they're using instead. I'm not 100% sure, but it was unpleasant. Overall, the good outweighed the bad. I'd certainly stay here again.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Jessica B

Reviewed June 28, 2013

The hostess Mary in the breakfast area was so sweet and helpful! Breakfast was great! The only complaint I would have is that my husband was sick with high temp when we got there and I went downstairs to ask where we could get bottled water for him to drink and explained he had high temp and if didn't come down we would be going to ER! He said we sell it here and was shocked to find out it was $2 per small bottle! Same price as a bottle of soda! I would have thought they could have at least give one courtesy bottle until one can leave the property to go buy some! Well needless to say we did end up at their local hospital! The room was clean but the bed was not real comfortable!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Rjmteam

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor. It is feedback such as yours that help up improve. Thank you for your kind world about our staff service, I will be sure to pass it on to MArry too! We truly believe in Marriott’s Sprit to Serve. We do have some news to share, beginning in December of 2013 we will undergoing a full renovation from our lobby to our suites. Everything will be brand new! We are so excited!

Reviewed June 21, 2013

While job training in Greensboro, I had the pleasure of staying with Springhill Suites in Greensboro, NC. Upon arrival I knew this was going to be a great experience. I recieved a warm and friendly welcome from Lynn during checkin. She was highly knowledgable of the area and suggested serval venus to visit while in town. During our introduction I let her know I like to skydive and that I had a youtube channel. To my surprise Lynn featured my channel on their homepage. So, I felt like a celebrity. Throughout my stay I had the pleasure of sharing conversations with David while in and out of the building. While picking his brain one day I found out we are both Netflix junkies. We constanly talked about different movies/series we were watching. Several other front desk employees like Deshawn, Connel, and Fernando went above and beyond to make sure all my needs were met. Deshawn let me know of the best restaurants to eat at that were within reasonable distance to the hotel. I also cycle and Connel hooked me up with a roadmap and the best parks to ride in Greensboro. With a varying work schedule I would often come in late nights and Fernando was on top of his game everytime I saw him. My mornings were fantastic due to Mary and her tasty breakfast choices. Might I add how clean and neat the dining room was too. Since, my stay was so extended I felt like i wasnt even a guest but more of a new friend to everyone. I would go out of my way to talk to them and see how they were doing. Just mutual respect all around.While staying I did have some car trouble and would you believe the Springhill Suites was able to assist me in that. I had a dead battery prior to going to work one morning and Charlene the assistant general manager helped me jump my car off. To bad the battery was completely dead though so I had to buy a new one. With this adversity on such short notice Kaarle another employee was able to give me a ride to work. I couldnt believe it wow what a nice person. While working on my car I was able to talk with Tom the general manager and we discussed automobiles a little bit before he had to depart. Helped pass the time during a less then stellar situation with my vehicle. Tony the most thorough maintainence technician I've ever met even offered a hand in changing my battery. Talk about feeling like part of a family. Its this kind of guest service that sets them apart from the rest. With this being said I hope others will take from my experience and choose Springhill Suites of Greensboro.

Barry Humphries

Youtube Channel - Cu71barry

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Awesome! Thanks for recognizing all the wonderful benefits that the SpringHill Suites Greensboro has to offer. Cozy comfortable guest rooms to the delicious food selections at breakfast. Your acknowledgement of wonderful staff is very much appreciated. I am honored to get to work with such great people.
I would love the opportunity to meet you on your next visit and I hope it will be soon

Reviewed June 11, 2013

Very strange! Too chatty check-in guy giving us college advice, smelly (body odor) third floor hallway, and terrible beds made this a disappointing stay; not too mention that the hotel charged me twice for one night's stay ( bank inquiry fixed it). The shower had hardly any pressure as well. There have to be better choices in the area.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank liz141_12
SpringHillSuitesGSO, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Greensboro, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2013

I am so sorry to see that you found your stay with us disappointing. Our team prides themselves on being hospitable and taking the time to get to know our guest’s. We would never try to make a guest feel unconformable. Thank you for your feedback in regards to our bedding and shower experience. I will personally have our maintenance team look into this. Our hotel will be undergoing a full renovation this coming December. I would personally like to talk to you further about your stay. We never want a guest of ours to leave our hotel not wanting to return. I can be reached at 336-809-0909 or emailed at shs.gsosh.gm@marriott.com . We would like to win you back as a valued SpringHill Suites guest.

Reviewed June 11, 2013

Hi just stayed at the Spring Hill Suites on June 1, 2013. The price was reasonable and the room was very clean. WiFi worked very well. The bed needed some updating as it was not real comfortable. I was told by the manager that the beds are going to be replaced with the Marriott type that are comfortable and better for my back. The breakfast had many items, well laid out and the staff were excellent. The eggs were the processed type but hard boiled were provided, which was great. Again, the manager said upgrades are coming. I would stay there again as the desk from DeShawn who set up my reservation and was very helpful to the check in person when we arrived at 9:00 p.m. to the check out clerk (sorry I can't remember their names) were all excellent. Good stay otherwise and would book here again.

Room Tip: I would shop the internet to get a good price and book ahead of time if you are on a road trip. Hig...