“Excellent!!!”

SpringHill Suites Greensboro
Ranked #14 of 77 Hotels in Greensboro
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed March 30, 2013

Excellent service and rooms!!! I stayed here with my kids and they enjoyed the indoor pool in a cold day. Also, great location an the hot breakfast was very good. I will definitely stay here again if I'm back on the area!!!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
SpringHillSuitesGSO, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Greensboro, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2013

Thank you for such a GREAT review! I am glad that your children enjoyed the heated indoor pool and our hot breakfast bar! In July our breakfast will be upgraded. We will be adding even more items. Thank you again and we hope to welcome you back again soon!

Reviewed March 15, 2013

We were there with our son´s hockey team for a weekend tournament and the staff and management bent over backwards to help us. They had breakfast out 2 hours early so the boys could eat before their 6:30am game, even the hot stuff! They let us use the breakfast space to have a pizza dinner for the team and even put out cups and plates and napkins and took care of all the empty boxes. They really helped us out so much with that crazy weekend.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
SpringHillSuitesGSO, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Greensboro, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

Thank you for such a great review! We truly enjoyed having your team stay with us last weekend and hope that you will return soon!

Reviewed March 15, 2013

Our hockey team stayed at this hotel for a tournament and the staff were extremely accomodating. They went out of their way to help us. They allowed us to use the breakfast room for a team ice cream party one night and a pizza party the other. They found bowls and spoons for us when we ran out and even offered to clean up after us. Our first game on Saturday was at 6:30 am which is before the usual breakfast time but they offered to open early and even had all of the hot food items ready for us by 5:30am. The group manager, Kaarle, was very responsive and helpful. He was easy to work with and helped everyone to get the room type they needed, even though the hotel was full.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay! We loved having your team stay with us. Kaarle is truly wonderful and does all he can for his groups! We hope to see you and your team again soon!

Reviewed March 12, 2013

We visited during the ACC Women's Bball Tournament. This hotel is very convenient to the Greensboro Coliseum Complex - the hotel itself was on exit 214 going on I 40 West for us and we only needed to drive back a few exits and take High Point Rd (exit 217) to the coliseum. An easy and quick drive for us and at the games in no time.
Occupancy was high. Parking free and available, although competitive for close to door parking. I suspect this property has the good fortune of having high occupancy as a recurring problem and having to decline folk. I think more than anything, as others have assessed, it is because of the friendly and helpful customer service. EVERYONE on staff makes a point to greet you and they realize this certainly can compensate for the age of the hotel. It deals with high foot traffic, and wear and tear on the rooms. But, I do believe the staff work hard to keep both the rooms and common areas clean - and they succeed.
The rates are reasonable. We stayed in a 2 Queen Bed suite. I did not enjoy the bed, as I often do with Marriotts. The mattress was slightly worn and leaned some on one side. I did not think it awlful to where I needed to complain, but it may be time for replacing it. We had a separate sitting area, along with a small table for dining, and kitchenette. The microwave is small, and so is the refrigerator. It surely met our needs. A small coffee maker can get you coffee lovers revved up and started in the morning with a cup or two - but only that much - it's a small one. But, you can enjoy the more robust, and freshly made down in the lobby as you wonder in for a light breakfast and paper which both are complimentary.
Location (aside from the proximity to the Coliseum) is great for chain dining, and shopping both local stores, and the area mall which is nearby (same exit as the coliseum). I was amazed at all the local hotels on this exit, and actually in this same grouping where this one is. That speaks well about this hotel, that it achieves a business success with all the competition around. Again, customer service leads the way and I believe it matters to the public. Genuine, and accommodating, and they listen. TripAdvisor does a lot for spreading the good news also! Great overall reviews by the community.
When going to Greensboro for a stay - consider this Marriott. Family friendly, and well as caters to the business person.
Advice - be prepared to return a "good morning", "good evening", or a "good day", ---- A LOT:)

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
SpringHillSuitesGSO, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Greensboro, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2013

Thank you for such a great review. Our team loves reading them and because of YOUR review we moved into the number two spot on TripAdvisor for Greensboro Hotels! Thank You... Thank You... Thank You! (We have the best Guests!)

Reviewed March 1, 2013

My husband and I spent the weekend at the SpringHill Suites. The hotel wasn't perfect - the walls are thin, so there was a fair amount of street noise that is probably worse on weeknights. We also had trouble with our door key during the course of the weekend. Despite those little problems, the hotel would still be our first choice for a stay in Greensboro because of the outstanding customer service. It was clear to me that everyone, including the person at the front desk, the people manning the breakfast buffet, housekeeping and maintenance, everyone believed that customer service was a part of their job. Our room was clean and with the exception of our door key problem, well maintained. This was the perfect spot for our quick weekend trip.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for your kind review! You are so right.... we may be a small hotel but we are big on service. We would love to welcome you back again soon!

Reviewed February 12, 2013

I had to stay in Greensboro 2 nights per week the entire month of January and part of February for business. I stayed at another hotel the first couple of nights, and didn't sleep well due to thin walls and a very loud heating system. I actually got stuck in Greensboro the same weekend due to an ice storm, and someone told me they actually thought Springhill gave a discount for my company. So, I tried it, and sure enough, got a wonderful rate on a king suite. I felt so at home! From the wonderful, friendly staff, to the very comfortable room and bed (I wish I could take the entire bed home with me, sheets and all). There were also social nights where Hooters wings and shrimp were served, athough I did not get to participate in this, I thought it was awesome. The indoor pool, as well as the room, and entire facility in general, were clean. I felt safe, clean, and comfortable every night I was there. Thanks!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank SteelJ82
SpringHillSuitesGSO, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Greensboro, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2013

I am so happy to hear about your stay and Thank you for your kind words about our staff!

We seek friendly, competent people, who have a genuine concern for your experience. I am delighted you found our team so hospitable!

We look forward to Welcoming you back again soon!

Reviewed February 10, 2013

This little hotel is bursting with hospitality. From the minute you walk in the door until you leave you do not pass an employee who doesn't great you and if they know your name they use it and if they don't many of them ask. DeShawn at the front desk (I think that is how you spell it) went out of his way to make me feel home. Mary at breakfast and to my surprise the Assistant Manager Kaarle and the Manager Tom were out in the lobby talking to all the guest as they came down for breakfast or as they checked out. The reception in the evening was a nice surprise complete with wine and beer. I am a wine drinker myself and it was nice to sit around eatting pizza drinking wine and talking to the other guests. I will be back again and again. If you are in town on business this is the perfect place. And if I am ever passing through on a weekend this will still be where I will stay.

Room Tip: Ask for the manager Tom he goes out of his way for his guests and once he meets you he makes it a po...