“Great Place to Stay... Couldn't have been better!”

SpringHill Suites Greensboro
Ranked #9 of 76 Hotels in Greensboro
GreenLeadersSilver level
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Great Place to Stay... Couldn't have been better!”
Reviewed November 28, 2011

We stayed in Greensboro over Thanksgiving to visit our daughter and her family. I picked this hotel because of the great reviews it has gotten on TripAdvisor and I was not disappointed. The property was very clean and well-maintained and virtually everyone on the staff was very friendly, helpful, and personable. The suites are not huge but they are very comfortable with ample relaxing space for our family of three. Ours had TWO flat-screen LCD TV's: one in the "living room" area and another at the foot of the bed. I've never seen two TV's in a hotel room. It was a nice touch. Wireless internet access was easy and required no access code. The pool/hot-tub area was very clean and pleasant. There were many food choices available at in the breakfast area. I really can't think of anything negative to say. The hotel had special rates for the holidays so the price seemed very reasonable for a suite. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay.

Room Tip: Our room had two TV's. I don't know if this is standard or not but it was a nice feature.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
SpringHillSuitesGSO, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Greensboro, responded to this review, December 12, 2011
Thank you for selecting our hotel for your recent visit to Greensboro. We were pleased to have you as our guest and are especially grateful for your business given the many hotel choices available to you. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Elizabeth City, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed November 28, 2011

Overall, loved my stay. Comfy beds, plenty of space in the room. A few down sides, not any channels on tv and pool was a little chillier than I would have preferred. Otherwise very friendly service. My daughter loved the cereal options for breakfast! Most hotels have plain cereal this one had Frosted Flakes, Lucky Charms, plus a few more.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for selecting our hotel for your recent visit to Greensboro. We were pleased to have you as our guest and are especially grateful for your business given the many hotel choices available to you. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel soon!
Richmond
Reviewed November 19, 2011

When I travel to the Triad area (Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point) and surrounding areas, I had ALWAYS stayed at this property. They had always made me feel comfortable. I had asked the newest general manager, Thom, for a favor and he basically refused to assist me. It was a reasonable favor and not an incovenience to the property or staff. Thanks Thom, I more than likely will NEVER stay at your property again. I will miss your staff like DeShawn and Karl, nice guys. I hope they become GM one day.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
SpringHillSuitesGSO, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Greensboro, responded to this review, November 21, 2011
Dear braveskins,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. Our team takes great pride in our hotel and believes in Marriott’s Sprit to Serve. Kaarle and Deshawn are wonderful associates; I will pass on your kind words.

I am sorry that you are not pleased with the outcome of your request. I am afraid that the issue you had with your Marriott Rewards Certificates will have to be handled with Marriott Rewards. I will forward your concern on to them on your behalf. I do hope that you understand that believing in Marriott’s Sprit to Serve is to treat all guests fairly and doing what is ethical.

Warm Regards,
Tom
charlotte
Reviewed November 17, 2011

Hotel is very convenient to I-40 as well as all types of food and restaurant options. Some even withing walking distance. Great place to stay with a large group of people, in my case a soccer team and parents, about 50 people.
Hotel is typical of Springhill Suites: rooms and hotel are very clean, roomy and comfortable and quiet. Heat and a/c are wall controlled and quiet.
Lobby and food area able to be used for impromptu meetings (pizza delivery and eating!). Has complimentary breakfast, hot and cold, and hotel staff brought out the hot stuff before the supposed time to accommodate our team!

Parking is well lit, good safety as it is in a very nice area.

Pool is extremely small - little square.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for selecting our hotel for your recent visit to Greensboro. We were pleased to have you as our guest and are especially grateful for your business given the many hotel choices available to you. Thank you also very much for taking time write about your stay. We work tirelessly to ensure a clean and well maintained property, with everything in good working order and appreciate that you noticed. Thank you again and we hope to see back soon.
Salisbury, Maryland
Reviewed November 9, 2011

I was very impressed with the size and amenities of the room. Staff was very pleasant and helpful, and the hotel was convenient to many restaurants. My only concern was that the hotel wouldn't give me my AAA discount unless I agreed to a non-refundable charge. I rarely have to change my plans, but if I do and give adequate notice I shouldn't be charged for a room I can't use. All travelers should protest this policy, which I'm doing by lowering the rating a notch. My only other complaint is the breakfast, which had the worst excuse for scrambled eggs I ever encountered: rubbery and tasteless. The room itself was first-rate.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed November 3, 2011

I traveled to Greensboro for a soccer tournament and a few teammates and I booked hotels for the weekend to avoid the driving back and forth from Raleigh. As a Hyatt member, Friday night I booked next door at the Hyatt Place. However, due to a large wrestling tournament that weekend, their price shot up to the $200's and I decided to try out SpringHill Suites Saturday night largely based on the positive reviews on Tripadvisor. I am so glad I did.

For the cost (in the $80's), we received a lot more than expected. Since there was 3 of us, we were able to relax all Saturday night and each had our own personal bed (the couch had a pull out bed). The room had two tv's that was viewable from both the living area and bed area, so we had multiple football games going and could watch both from any bed we were laying on.

Since we were there for a soccer tournament, the thing that stood out the most was the FREE breakfast buffet. Unlike other hotels, we were able to choose from making fresh waffle's to sauages and eggs to grits to an assortment of bread products. We indulged as much as we could to allow plenty of energy to last the day.

Lastly, I would like to note the customer service. We originally asked to check out later due to our 9am game Sunday morning would have had us returning close to noon and we wanted to shower. We were kindly given the late checkout request of 1pm, and upon arriving at the fields found out our game was moved to 10am due to the fields being frosted. We arrived at the hotel at 12:45 to again request another later checkout time so we could shower quickly before getting on the road. Let me say, to allow us to request two separate late checkout's on the fly, this really made the ultimate impression of how customer friendly this hotel really is. Many others could have said no the second time, but they didn't. I will absolutely look into returning here in the future because of this.

Stay at this hotel. Wonderful hotel / rooms / experience / everything.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Martinsville, Virginia
Reviewed November 2, 2011

Friendly check-in, comfortable room and bed, ipod dock, room to sit away from beds...all in all a great place to stay. I definitely would stay here again.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business