“Great Hotel”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Bear, DE
“Great Hotel”
Reviewed August 17, 2011

We stayed at this hotel on Aug 15. The hotel was very clean and the beds were comfortable. We arrived early and were able to check in without a problem. The breakfast was a typical free breakfast. The hotel staff was friendly. We toured UNC- Greensboro while we were there. I would stay here again and would recommend this hotel.

1 Thank mosween
SpringHillSuitesGSO, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Greensboro, responded to this review, August 19, 2011
Thank you for selecting our hotel for your recent visit to the Piedmont and writing about the experience. Please know we are especially grateful for your business given the many hotel choices available to you. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and our many amenities. Thank you again for posting a review. We hope to see back soon! If you are a member of Marriott Rewards please email me your account number and I will add 200 points to your account. My email address is, sh.gsosh.gm@marriott.com

Tom Ullring

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed August 14, 2011

Springhill Suites is a small property located in the heart of Greensboro off of Wendover Road. The hotel is surrounded by everything...gas stations, shopping centers, and restaurants, all within walking distance. In addition, the staff was very courteous, knowledgable, and assisted with all of my destinations.

The rooms were very clean and spacious with a living area separated from the sleeping quarters. Flat screen tvs and contemporary decor was an added asset in regards to amenities. Other amenities were also nice such as indoor pool, business center, and fitness center. The complimentary breakfast was also tasty!

was

Room Tip: Research the hotel on line to compare prices, also contact the hotel directly to see if any addition...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
SpringHillSuitesGSO, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Greensboro, responded to this review, August 16, 2011

New Jersey
Reviewed August 14, 2011

My husband and I came down to help our daughter move into her dorm & visit family members. The Springhill Suites is in a perfect location, off the highway, next to many restuarants and stores. The staff is very friendly and professional and coming from Jersey the southern hospitality down here is a plus for us.

The suites are cute and are a decent size. The rooms are very clean with a nice flat screen TV that can be viewed from the bed or sitting room. The beds are nice and comfy and the pillows are ok (spring back quickly) I always bring my own, lol. They also have a refrig & micro which was good for our leftovers.

I love the fact that I am writing this review in the comfort of the hotel bed because they have wireless internet throughout the hotel and a Ethernet cable in the room for those who are not wireless capable. Guess what? It's free!!! and that is a extra plus for me!!! It pity's me that some hotels charge to use your own laptop in the room.

The breakfast that is served is pretty good. You have a large nice selection to choose from muffins, waffles, eggs, sausage, bagels, biscuits, cereal (hot & cold), fresh fruit, coffee w/flavored creamers and juice.

The price is VERY reasonable for the services and wonderful hospitality you get here. I will be back again and I highly recommend you stay here too! Oh yeah I forgot to mention they have a nice sized indoor pool for those who like to swim, business center and small fitness room.

Enjoy, we did!

Springfield
Reviewed August 11, 2011

We stayed at Springhill Suites as part of a long trip visiting colleges. The first thing that happened: we walked in and our room rate, which wasn't bad to begin with, was lowered by over $20/night due to the nature of our business there. They found us a DVD player, a local gym, a sushi restaurant, Starbucks - you name it. Kaarle, DeShawn, Tom U. (and others whose business cards we did not grab) were just great.

The rooms were fine. A bit small for suites, but still quite manageable. The nightly manager's reception was a nice touch, and b'fast in the morning is always a welcome addition. We would stay here again ANY time.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
SpringHillSuitesGSO, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Greensboro, responded to this review, August 15, 2011

Port Perry, Canada
Reviewed July 28, 2011

We stayed here for 4 nights while in Score at the Shore soccer tournament in Greensboro last week. We loved the room, the service, breakfast, front desk staff, location, laundry service, cleanliness, beds, linens, restaurants in the area especially Tripps and Mario's pizza, the shopping. All was great and thanks for all the extras you did for us.

Ajax FC
Ontario, Canada

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
SpringHillSuitesGSO, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Greensboro, responded to this review, July 31, 2011

Princeton, West Virginia
Reviewed July 24, 2011

Was very happy with the service and how clean to hotel was. Will stay there again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
SpringHillSuitesGSO, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Greensboro, responded to this review, July 25, 2011
Thank you for selecting our hotel for your recent visit to the Piedmont and writing about the experience. Please know we are especially grateful for your business given the many hotel choices available to you. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and that our many amenities. Thank you again for posting a review. We hope to see back soon! If you are a member of Marriott Rewards please email me your account number and I will add 200 points to your account. My email address is, sh.gsosh.gm@marriott.com

Virginia
Reviewed July 20, 2011

Stayed at this hotel having spent the day with my family at the Wet N' Wild, so it was about a 10-15 minute drive away. Rooms were clean, reasonable size for a suite, and perfect for one night. My daughter and her husband and child were in a another room, and they seemed pretty happy with their room. Bed was comfortable, bathroom area and the sitting room was clean. Breakfast was the usual bagels, muffins, OJ, a couple of small hot items. The folks at the reception were extremely helpful, so good experience overall.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
SpringHillSuitesGSO, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Greensboro, responded to this review, July 26, 2011