“Convenient to the highway, walking distance to many restaurants”

SpringHill Suites Greensboro
Ranked #8 of 76 Hotels in Greensboro
GreenLeadersSilver level
Plano, Texas
“Convenient to the highway, walking distance to many restaurants”
Reviewed June 17, 2011

Stayed at this hotel for one night during a business trip. A little confusing to find as the streets are scrambled in this area of many hotels, but found it after a few minutes. Fairly new hotel, in great condition, with a small but usable fitness center, very helpful and cheerful staff at check in. Room was in excellent condition, and in a rather quiet location if you ask for a room on the backside that does not face the highway. Breakfast in the morning (included) was above average for this class of hotel, again very cheerful and attentive staff in the breakfast room, really good coffee... Overall an excellent, roomy, and comfortable stay.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank dabeerlover
SpringHillSuitesGSO, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Greensboro, responded to this review, June 27, 2011
Thank you for selecting our hotel for your recent visit to the Piedmont and writing about the experience. Please know we are especially grateful for your business given the many hotel choices available to you. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and that our many amenities. Thank you again for posting a review. We hope to see back soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Whitefish, Montana
Reviewed April 4, 2011

We've stayed in five or six different Spring Hill Suites and always like them. Maybe because they have all been new, but the staff, breakfast and facilities are consistently excellent. The breakfast works well for us -- not cooked to order like an Embassy Suites, but a lot more choice and better quality than some other chains where it's just cold cereal, one type of sweet roll, etc. Rooms are designed really well and feel nearly like a true suite, but at a decent price. There are a ton of hotels right around this one, and I haven't stayed in any others, but it would be hard to beat this SHS.

1 Thank doddsfamily
SpringHillSuitesGSO, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Greensboro, responded to this review, April 6, 2011
Thank you for choosing the SpringHill Suites during your visit to Greensboro, NC and taking the time to write a review. Our staff believes in Marriott’s Spirit to Serve. They truly care about our guest’s, our hotel and our community. We look forward to Welcoming you back to our hotel again soon.

NYC
Reviewed March 29, 2011

With so many hotels to choose from, I opted to stay at the Springhill Suites. The pool was a crowded and loud. Women were bringing their children into the hot tub, which was wonderfully hot for me but not a place for children. The rooms were clean, but the beds were not very comfortable.
The coffee was great as was the breakfast. A very friendly and helpful front desk.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
SpringHillSuitesGSO, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Greensboro, responded to this review, April 2, 2011

Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed March 14, 2011

My family and I decided last minute to go to the ACC tournament in Greensboro, NC. As we all know, finding a hotel last minute is not easy. I would like to thank SABRINA who works the front desk because of all of the phone calls I made to her and how she made a hotel room for me and my family possible. She was also very friendly when we got there and remembered us. I would also like to give a HUGE SHOUT OUT to ERLENE who was working breakfast that weekend. We missed the breakfast by 20 minutes and this kind lady who already put all of the food away, wheeled the cart of food right back out for us. The atmosphere was fun- the decor was fab- especailly with all of the ACC schools in town, and the location to the arena was so very close. I would recommend this place to everyone whether or not you are going to any tournaments, concerts, business or just to explore Greensboro. Thank you Sabrina and Erlene for making our stay extra special! Tracy from Charlotte

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
SpringHillSuitesGSO, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Greensboro, responded to this review, March 20, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review on our hotel and about two of our staff members, Sabrina and Earline. Our team truly prides themselves on Marriott’s Sprit to Serve and that’s what makes our hotel so special.
ACC weekend was lot of fun and we look forward to Welcoming you back again in 2013!
Brattleboro, Vermont
Reviewed March 2, 2011

The staff is wonderful and helpful. Best front desk staff I have ever seen. The rooms are clean and all suites. The indoor pool is a nice touch. I was able to enjoy a swim after my meeting. Breakfast was wonderful.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
SpringHillSuitesGSO, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Greensboro, responded to this review, March 7, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to review out hotel. I will pass your kind words onto our department heads. I must say, our staff truly cares about each guest.

Florida
Reviewed February 21, 2011

Stayed at this location for 3 nights. Room was a little small to use with the sofa bed. Food for the dinner snack could be improved. Numerous people reported a person smoking in their room 2 of the nights and they said they couldn't do anything about unless they left evidence. The smell of smoke in the hallway should be enough evidence, especially if they knocked on every door and only one room no one answered. Biggest problem was after we checked out we realized that a small box with 2 retainers in it was left behind. Called and was told nothing was found. I can't believe that a person can clean a room and not see a black retainer box. It is about the size out the palm of your hand. I called numerous times and was told this person or that person would call me back. No one did. I had to keep calling and was told anything found, no matter how small, would be turned in to the front desk. NOT TRUE. The cost to replace retainers was more than the 3 night stay. Would never stay there again even though I will be in that area numerous times for the next 4-5 years.

Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank dbbfl
SpringHillSuitesGSO, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Greensboro, responded to this review, February 22, 2011
Hello, my name is Tom Ullring and I am the new General Manager here at the Springhill Suites by Marriott. I just read your review and wanted to let you know how deeply sorry I am for the problems you experienced during your stay. We pride ourselves on Marriott’s Spirit to Serve and in this case we did not live up to your expectations. If possible, I would like for you to contact me personally. I would like to win your business back to our hotel the next time you visit Greensboro.

Kuwait
Reviewed February 15, 2011

All services were excellent and we really enjoyed the stay. We will recommend to all our friends and colleagues.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
SpringHillSuitesGSO, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Greensboro, responded to this review, February 17, 2011
Wonderful, I'm so glad that you enjoyed your stay! We look forward to Welcoming you back again soon!

Tom Ulling