“Comfortable room with a great staff!”

Red Roof inn Greensboro Airport
Ranked #41 of 77 Hotels in Greensboro
Reviewed September 22, 2013

I was pleasantly surprised with the Red Roof Inn Greensboro Airport. Our stay was brief for a stop on the way to Emerald Isle, NC. However, the room was very quiet, clean, and comfortable. The staff went out of their way to make us feel welcome. The hotel has a nice continental breakfast and coffee bar in the morning. A nice addition for the price! A great value! We will definitely stay again next time we travel.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed September 16, 2013

We chose to stay here for an event at the coliseum because friends had also chosen to stay here. I was a little nervous about it but the price was right and the rooms were said to be clean. When we arrived I had to check in through a teller window..... never had to do that before. The children and I gathered what we had to and ran into the room. The musty odor was overwhelming. I am not sure what the odor was from, as the room looked clean enough. The smell upset the children and several of us woke up with sinus drainage. We had a knock on the door around 5:38am. Thankfully I was smart enough not to open the door. Not sure how safe the door was as you could see a large part of the bottom of the door had been repaired from someone kicking in the door. Definitely not a family friendly hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Lori B
Reviewed September 11, 2013

We were on our way from Tennessee to the Outer Banks and could not find a room anywhere. All booked. Margaret did a phenomenal job in finding us a room. She went above and beyond helping us. Give her a raise!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank mike B
Reviewed September 9, 2013

My Company has been coming to Red Roof for years. When we stay we always rent 3-4 rooms a week depending on our jobs. When we have work in High Point and Greensboro areas we always get rooms at Red Roof Greensboro Airport. The past 3-6 months we have only stayed a couple times. Unfortunately the activity that goes on at this Red Roof location has turned myself and my workers off from wanting to stay here any longer. It's a shame that this has happened. We were going to give this location "one" more chance but when I called to make reservations last week and asked to speak with Margaret the lady who answered the phone said "she is not working here anymore". I ask her name and she said Miya. I ask Miya if Margaret had been relocated or went into management. I cannot say on here what Miya said to me. I will say Red Roof Greensboro NC Airport will suffer at the "quality" of guests that will stay at this hotel since Margaret has gone. Sad to hear she is no longer behind the Front Desk with her constant smile, friendly & positive attitude and willingness to go over and above to make all guests happy, satisfied and most important want to return to Red Roof Inn Airport. My Company will be staying at the other Red Roof Inn location in Greensboro NC. You are missed Margaret.

Room Tip: no positive tip from us
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
6  Thank Roger B
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Great price for updated room. I was passing through the area to the ocean and did not want to spend a lot of money. Stayed in an updated room. Pleased for the value/very clean. Included refrigerator. Breakfast available in the morning; donuts, coffee, instant oatmeal, juice & waffles.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Teri C
Reviewed August 16, 2013

After one too many bad nights next door at Motel 6, I decided to try this Red Roof Inn. I have been a loyal Motel 6 customer for a few years because they accept pets. Now I have to ask myself - Red Roof Inn, where have you been my whole life?! Why have I just discovered you? Why was I so blindly loyal to Motel 6?

This Inn is a TREAT I tell you. Quiet, comfortable and clean room. EXCELLENT front desk staff.

One detriment was the housekeeping staff the next morning. They knocked on my door at 8am to ask if I was checking out that day. What?! Who DOES that?

I had to laugh and stumble back to bed, lol. I would still stay here again. :)

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Susan L
Reviewed August 16, 2013

Margaret was Wonderful Help and willing to go beyond putting my wheelchair in car and suitcase and introduce me to all who worked there made my time there friendly & a home away from home that those who may had concern where at ease. Also your bedroom was the FIRST COMPLETELY ACCESSIBLE ROOM I BAVE EVER BEEN IT IS THE BEST AND I HAVE TRAVELED MUCH! who ever design the room showed real care for physically challenged folks they are Valuable! Thank You!!!

• Stayed: August 2013