“Excellent, following renovation” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #45 of 76 Hotels in Greensboro
Traverse City, Michigan
“Excellent, following renovation”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2012

Nice, following renovation, just like new on all counts. Actually a plus 4 rating, holding off on 5 dots due to thin sheets and towels. Basic TV cable, no microwave, no mini-fridge. Quiet location with fast food nearby, I was able to walk to several.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Greensboro, North Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2012

The Red Roof at the Greensboro Airport seemed to be an average American motel – we chose it because of the good reviews we found online. The staff, if you are there in person is nice, friendly and helpful with whatever they can. However we had a horrible experience since we forgot a few brand new items in one of the drawers and although we called the very same day, they were nowhere to be found. The most upsetting fact is that the manager never called back even thought they promised many times that he will do so. Once I finally got a hold of him, he didn’t seem to accept any liability even though he is the owner and can question his staff. In addition, he didn’t seem to care that his staff has taken things away. BIG WARNING: You may have a decent stay, but expect that if you forget something valuable you WILL NEVER SEE IT AGAIN and no-one will really care that this is the type of service they provide. Sad, but true –BIG DISSAPOINTMENT!!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Iliana I
Brevard, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2012

Picked this place because the Trip Advisor reviews were great and I wasn't disappointed. Kim at the front desk was entertaining, helpful and accommodating. I was there for the High Point furniture market and was surprised to find that they offered a free shuttle to and from the show.
The room was modern and well-appointed. The only downside is that they don't have an elevator so I had to haul my luggage up a flight of stairs but I understand the cost of installing one would increase the room rates since I own a motel myself. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Greensboro, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012 via mobile

I visited this motel with my significant other because every other hotel in Greensboro was booked and expected the worst. Surprisingly, the room was recently updated and looked decent enough. Everything was clean except the shower. Apparently the last resident had shedding issues that were not caught by room service. Additionally, when we called the front desk in the morning to ask for a hair dryer and iron (neither of which came standard in the room) the woman informed us that she would do what she could but nobody else was on duty so she couldn't promise us anything. To her credit, she brought us an iron. Every other employee was courteous and helpful. It wasn't the worst place in the world but I wouldn't recommend it to anyone I actually like.

Stayed October 2012
1 Thank Jason K
Chester, Va
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2012

Needed a room in Greensboro for 1 night and didn't want to spend alot of money. Just a place to sleep. The room was adequate but it was not clean. Hair in the shower and hair in the bed. The shower head leaked but the water pressure was still good. As I was brushing my teeth a stink bug decided to crawl in the sink. Just did not leave a good impression. The continental breakfast was adequate but could have been so much better with a little fruit (bananas or apples). This is the first time reviews on trip advisor has let me down. I don't have to have a fancy room but it does have to be clean. I would not stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank wopo10
i0156, General Manager at Red Roof inn Greensboro Airport, responded to this review, October 14, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Greensboro Airport Red Roof. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please accept my sincerest apologies.

Sterling Heights, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2012

This Red Roof Inn had very knowledgeable front desk staff, clean rooms and breakfast included. We are very pleased with the quality of this hotel. We stay at this location whenever we travel to North Carolina.

Room Tip: Call at least one day in advance if you want to request a non smoking room.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank traveler0458
Thank you for taking the time to complete our guest survey. I appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the Greensboro Airport Red Roof.

Tucson
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012

I stayed with my daughter for 6 days. When I pulled in, I wondered if I made a mistake based on the location, right off the freeway, large commercial vehicles in the lot. We checked in and I thought I would give it one night and see. Our room was comfortable and quite, even with the work vehicles leaving early in the morning. We ended up staying the whole six days. It is not fancy by any means, but clean, quite ans secure. We would sty again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family