“Great stay at a cheap price!”

Red Roof inn Greensboro Airport
Ranked #43 of 76 Hotels in Greensboro
Fort Worth, Texas
“Great stay at a cheap price!”
Reviewed May 31, 2012

We were visiting family and just needed a cheap place to lay our head. I booked the Red Roof Inn based on the reviews here. The rooms are recently remodeled. Laminate floors, flat screen TVs, and a nice working desk area. Free wifi. Bed was comfortable and AC was cold. Bathroom was clean with plenty of hot water and good water pressure.

We booked a superior king which had a microwave and fridge. There is coffee in the room and they only supply shampoo.

Front desk personnel were very nice and friendly. They do have free breakfast, but we never used it.

We would return again. Oh, and recheck your rates. Ours went down by $5/night and when I called they couldn't see that low rate....so I cancelled and rebooked.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Sc
Reviewed May 18, 2012 via mobile

I have been here before & had 2 different experiences. So, I'll try again. Breakfast area & room remodel now complete. Room clean,nice new bedding,quiet. AC still moldy smelling, locks still questionable.
Now the front desk clerk,yikes. Apparently new to the industry with no training. He was friendly enough if not annoyingly so. In the South we have a nice,respectful way of adressing women, "ma'am". So simple. I am not a boss, dude,man or any other term of endearment this or any employee in the servce industry wants to adress me or any other guest as. A simple ma'am or sir will do. Easy,peasy. & please never announce to the entire lobby any guests room number nor shout loudly as the guests enters the door asking for their name. If the managment would do a bit of staff training this might be a real decent place to stay.

• Stayed May 2012
Mount Airy, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed April 17, 2012

Nice room, clean and newly remodeled. Staff was very polite and helpful.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
i0156, General Manager at Red Roof inn Greensboro Airport, responded to this review, May 3, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to complete our guest survey. I appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the Greensboro Airport Red Roof.

Hemant Patel
Red Roof Inn - Greensboro Airport
Mount Holly, New Jersey, United States
Reviewed March 20, 2012

Booked this room for a visit to High Point University with my son...one main reason being we had our dog with us, the other being the very low price (think we pd less than $40/night!) I expected the very bare minimum...but was pleasantly surprised. The room was spotless, and they are definitely pet friendly. Beds were comfortable, and while it isn't posh or modern, it was obviously updated/painted/etc. The girl at the front desk (wish I could remember her name...she went to Guilford college...) was so overwhelmingly sweet and accommodating it was amazing...as was everyone we encountered.
A couple issues...we drove 9hrs to get there, and were hot and tired. There was actually an earthquake that day, and a hurricane coming. My son was in desperate need of a restroom. Although we arrived after check in time, our room wasn't ready. The front desk immediately tried to hurry housekeeping, and apologized over and over. Apparently they had an unusual number of call outs and were just behind. They did offer a restroom to us. I told her I'd rather wait than have housekeeping not clean the room thoroughly...but I didn't expect to sit in my truck with my son and a dog for over an hour! We were unable to check in until almost 2 hrs after check in...which was really awful in that heat. Of everyone there, I would say that our housekeeper was the only one who was not so friendly...of course, could have been because she was basically taking care of the place herself that day!
That aside, we had a wonderful 3 day stay. Would have been nice to have somewhere to eat a bit closer (there is one place and some fast food) but overall the location was very convenient for our purposes.
I have read later reviews that this location has been taken over and is no longer operating at the same level...so I chose to stay elsewhere for ALOT more money in January 2012...mistake. Now that I see positive reviews again, we will be trying it in April when we come for early registration!

Room Tip: definitely pay the extra $5 to get the superior king...microwave and fridge are well worth it!
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
greensboro, nc
Reviewed February 23, 2012

a great location, great Prices and courteous staff. always work hard at making my stay comfortable.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
State Road
Reviewed February 21, 2012

I stayed in a non-smoking standard room with a king bed. The room was very clean and everything was in proper working order. The continental breakfast, which to my knowledge most Red Roof Inns do not offer, was a very pleasant surprise with hot waffles. The room was a little small compared to other motels that I have stayed at in a standard king type room. Also, there was a stinkbug flying around in the room. When I mentioned it at checkout, the clerk was a little defensive with the statement, "We can't help that." (An "I'm sorry about that." would have been more appropriate, imo).

I would stay here again in the future if necessary.

Room Tip: The standard king type room is a little small, even for just 1 person.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
California City, California
Reviewed February 19, 2012

Priced right, clean rooms, quite although near the airport and lots of diversity and team work. And when I seen the compassion from the clerk who was an African American for an amputee who was checking in. I knew then, I choose the right hotel and being from Ireland, I also realized that acts as such, is what makes America a great country. As he spoke some words of hope, some of which we all take for granted in this day in age. Which in return the amputee stated, " I will always remember that ". The breakfast is also what put the icing on the cake. At this hotel I counted six different cultures working in harmony, something you don't see everyday. And with that being said, this is the place when I return to North Carolina is where I will choose to stay.

Room Tip: A small hotel compared to the giants that surround it, make a reservation.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family