“Fantastic service”

Ranked #20 of 76 Hotels in Greensboro
Ottawa, Canada
“Fantastic service”
Reviewed March 13, 2014

Found us a room on short notice (due to a flight scheduling change) and the manager picked us up at the airport. Room was clean and comfortable. Restaurants within walking distance. Highly recommended!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Patricia S, Manager at Fairfield Inn Greensboro Airport, responded to this review, March 21, 2014
You found my Trip Advisor page and wrote a comment! Thank you for the extra effort to share to the WORLD how we like to treat our guest. It was a pleasure driving you guys from the airport. You got me out of the office! Thanks for everything and I know you don't come to Greensboro offten but if you do! I hope we get to see you when you stay again!

Thanks again!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed March 5, 2014 via mobile

Canceled flight caused a delay arriving into Greensboro. The staff is incredible. Friendly, warm, hospitable and more. Turned what had been a very long day of travel into a delightful end to the evening. The property appears brand new and is very clean.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank 4DMan
Patricia S, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Greensboro Airport, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
Thank you so much for that awesome review of your stay! I realy appriciate you taking time to share your story with everyone. I hate the reason you had to stay was due to a canceled flight but I hope next time you visiting the area you will come stay with us again. We would love to have you back!
Georgia
Reviewed December 4, 2013

As with other reviews when you're checking in see if you can get a room that is on the back side of the hotel. The trees offer a great buffer to any noise or lights and are great to see in the morning. Just know that the sun does come in those windows in the morning so if you're on the top 2 floors you might have a bright late morning sun.

The weekend evening desk clerk was amazing and funny during our check-in process. Very personable and made the family laugh.

Please note this is not a "Suites" property so the rooms are standard size and roll-aways are very limited to the rooms they can be used in. (this was not clear upon booking a king room + roll-away.)

The room was fresh and clean with plenty of space for the beds and a sofa with pull-out bed. There is a fridge and microwave in the room, but note that the fridge isn't really one you would want to use to cool stuff down with. It's more like an electric cooler that might try to keep cool items cool, but doesn't really chill drinks. At least it didn't appear to make a canned coke colder overnight.

The shampoo and conditioner supplied are Paul Mitchel, but are really tiny bottles so if you're there with a family and everybody wants to shower and wash their hair you might need to lay off the shampoo so everybody can use it or you'll be asking for 2 bottles the next day! The sink area is small (but standard for the usual Fairfield Inn), but felt a little cramped compared to recent stays at Courtyard and Fairfield Inn & Suites.

We were somewhat close to the elevator, but didn't hear it at all during the night. Also, we did not hear slamming doors early in the morning and I know there were a lot of rooms occupied on our floor.

The breakfast is your typical Fairfield breakfast with mostly pastries/bread items, cereals, and waffles. Other reviews were talking about a guy that hosts the breakfast...he must only work weekdays because there was just a lady watching over the line while we were there and she spent more time behind closed doors than out tending to the breakfast or cleaning up tables. I noticed several dirty tables that others had to clean prior to using for their breakfast (come on people...clean up after yourself! Don't think others will do it for you. You see the trashcans are in open view so take the 10 steps from the table to the trashcan to clean up yourself. Don't leave trash on the table!)

Check-out was easy and friendly and getting back on the interstate was just a couple of turns away.

There is a Ruby Tuesday in the parking lot of this hotel so that's certainly within walking distance for dinner or a late night snack and beverage.

I would certainly recommend this property for anybody staying in the area for business or family.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms on back side of building. They face the trees and are very quiet. Although they do get...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Patricia S, Manager at Fairfield Inn Greensboro Airport, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
You are so thorough! And I am so glad we passed! I hope you do come back to see us and let me know what we are doing well and what we can improvement. I love that you saw how clean our rooms. I take a lot of pride in that.

Thank you for reviewing us!
Arlington, Virginia
Reviewed November 30, 2013 via mobile

We had a wonderful experience at this hotel. Inclement weather and bad traffic forced us off the road during our holiday travel and this hotel was listed from the Pet Friendly hotels app, as we were traveling with our dog. It's also located right off of our route. We came in very late and were greeted merrily by Tanya Williams. Our room was spacious and clean, the bed was very comfortable and the bathroom was huge with great water pressure. We were checked out the next morning by equally friendly staff. I can understand budgets, but at $94/night I thought my comfort and sanitation were well worth this price. We travel the I-85 corridor frequently and will be back. Highly recommended.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Sarah B
Thank you for taking time to share about your experience with our hotel! We love our furry friends and they will be welcomes with love and a treat. So glad you enjoyed your stay and I hope you come back to see us!
Macomb, Illinois
Reviewed November 27, 2013

Best staff ever. We arrived at 6:30am the day of our stay weary from driving all night and they put us in a room immediately, no extra charge. Staff goes out of their way and is friendly. Breakfast is good, some eggs, sausage are bonuses on the regular continental breakfast. Rooms are super clean and the price is great!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Chico V
Thank you so much for your review on tripadvisor! I love to hear about the great stays! I feel that our staff genuinely cares about the guest that comes through our door and I do hope you continue to stay at our property when you come back to Greensboro.
maryland
Reviewed November 18, 2013

Staff (Bobby) was very welcoming. He suggested a change to my initial room because of an abundance of concert goers that would possibly make for a lot of noise that night. Kudos to him for the suggestion and change! Another minor glitch in my room assignment was handled quickly. The room was clean, but it was pretty average. There was no microwave or refrigerator in the room and the closet door was broken. I didn't need any of those things, but they were noticeably absent/defective. The HVAC was loud, but I must have been very tired because I managed to sleep right through it. The towels/washcloths were a nice quality, bed was comfy, and linens were on the lightweight side, but clean. The breakfast was rather average, too. Some highway noise is noticeable as well, so ask for a room on the back of the property. It's not a bad property at all and I'd stay here again if I'm only in town for one night and the rate is better than the HIE across the street.

Room Tip: Some highway noise is noticeable as well, so ask for a room on the back of the property.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Fairfield Inn Greensboro Airport, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Dear ms90,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience at our Fairfield Inn. While I'm glad to hear you had a nice stay overall and found our staff so friendly and helpful, I do apologize for the aspects that fell short of your expectations. Our team will discuss your feedback as we aim to provide a quiet and pleasant stay for all of our guests. In the meantime, we are happy to accommodate requests for rooms in certain parts of the property as best we can based on availability. If you'd like to discuss anything further, please don't hesitate to give me a call at the number below. Thanks again for your feedback and we hope the opportunity the next time you're in Greensboro to give you a great stay.

David Amick
eCommerce Manager
Daly Seven, Inc
(434) 822-2161
Charlotte, NC
Reviewed October 6, 2013

The hotel's desk attendants were very welcoming and helpful.The room was kind of small but very CLEAN which mattered the most. I marveled at how white the coverlet on the bed was. The bedding was not all that thick though, which worried me (at first) since my husband and I are total temp. opposites (i.e. he loves to keep it cool, I like it more on the warm side) but surprisingly, it worked for both of us. The towels were true bath towels which we both appreciated. The complimentary breakfast was better than some: scrambled eggs, breakfast sausage, waffles, cereal, assorted pastries, fresh fruit, and juice.

The only negative: we had rowdy neighbors across the hall but as soon as the door was closed, we couldn't hear them so that was really great. Pleasant stay...

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Patricia S, Manager at Fairfield Inn Greensboro Airport, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Thank you so much for taking time to fill out a review on us! We do our best to make you room clean and comfortable while providing the best customer service. I am glad you enjoyed the amenities and the hot breakfast. I am disappointed in your neighbors during your stay and I wish I had the opportunity to quite them down making your stay better. In any case I hope you come back and see us on your next trip to Greensboro!

-Patricia S