“Nice hotel, on our way to Myrtle Beach”

Fairfield Inn Greensboro Airport
Ranked #29 of 77 Hotels in Greensboro
Reviewed September 10, 2013

We stayed at this hotel on our way to Myrtle Beach SC, I made the reservation on the Marriott mobile app in the parking lot. The hotel was very clean and the staff very friendly. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: This hotel is close to the highway and many restaurants, the neighborhood seems to be good!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Patricia S, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Greensboro Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2013

Thank you so much for sharing you experience at our hotel. We do our best to make it clean and comfortable for all of our guest. I especially love the guest going to the beach because you guys are filled with excitement and we thrive off of those vibes! I hope you enjoyed the beach and please visit us again weather your passing through or visiting Greensboro!

-Patricia Scherger

Reviewed September 1, 2013

My husband and I stayed here as part of a wedding party and felt that hospitality was number one with the staff. The rooms were clean and the service was wonderful. A great breakfast in the morning and wonderful surroundings. Thanks for a wonderful and fun stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Patricia S, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Greensboro Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2013

I am so glad you enjoyed your stay! This made my day. We had such a fun time with your wedding party and I hope you stay with us again next time your in Greensboro! Thanks for commenting on Trip Advisor!

Reviewed August 20, 2013

We stopped one night in Greensboro on our way to Myrtle Beach. The Fairfield Inn was conveniently located, rooms were large and clean. We walked over to Ruby Tuesdays for a late dinner - what a great convenience of having this restaurant right across the parking lot (we did not feel like driving anymore!). Like most Fairfield Inns, this facility was clean and bright and we would recommend this location to others.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Patricia S, Manager at Fairfield Inn Greensboro Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2013

Thank you for taking time to fill our a review on Trip Advisor! I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay and I hope you join us again so we can have an oppertunity to make a perfect score! I hope you have a great day!

Reviewed August 19, 2013

Stayed for one night. Front desk staff were exceptionally friendly and helpful. Hotel is 100% non-smoking (which is why I chose it), but our room had a strange smell. I think a smoker had stayed there and they had tried to air-freshen the smell away. We were in a hurry to attend a wedding, so I didn't have time to ask to switch to a different room. Bed and pillows were comfortable. Breakfast was typical continental fare, but breakfast area was exceptionally clean and staff were friendly.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking time to share your story with Trip Advisor! I am glad you enjoyed your stay but I am sorry about the smell. People do take advantage of us and break our smoke free policy. We have it in place so this doesn’t happen you wonderful guest like you. Our housekeeping staff does a room purification process and we clean the carpet and curtains but unfortunately it must have not been enough. It does not happen often but I am so sorry this happened to you. I hope you visit us again so we can show you how fresh and clean our rooms are. I look forward to seeing you and thanks for sharing your story!

Reviewed August 18, 2013

Booked for just one night while traveling through. Was treated quickly and kindly by Toni when booking my reservation on the phone, wanted to make sure my dog was okay. When I arrived Bobby was beyond professional and so kind to us. Grandma was tired, had a 9 yr old and the dog after a long day of driving and he made us feel right at home and got us checked in quickly. Room was clean and everything worked, beds were very comfortable, temperature was perfect. Tony went above and beyond later when we went out to eat and asked him where Cracker Barrel was located. He knew of an accident that would have delayed us, so he printed out alternate driving directions that took us right there! Dog treat for the dog as well. Had a nice free breakfast the next morning before leaving, loved my waffles. The location is great, right off of I-40. Have booked again for my return trip based on the great experience I had, even if it was only for one night.
On our way back a week later, I booked (mistakenly!) at the other Fairfield (Wendover) that does not accept pets. (the website said they did, they need to fix that) UPon arrival I noticed it was not the same hotel and the girl at the front desk was less than helpful for sure when I explained the situation about my mistakenly booking wrong hotel. I asked her if she could call over to Fairfield Airport and she said no, we can't do that but I will give you number and you can call. So she writes the number down and I leave to go to car and notice that she has left area code off and I am from out of town and don't know it. So I send my son back in to get it and she sends him out with zip code even though he told her area code. So I go in and ask for area code for the phone number and she gives me zip code. I explain area code to her and then she finally understands and gives it to me. I call Fairfield Airport and Bobby answers the phone !!! Greensboro is totally booked due to it being college weekend as well as golf and tennis tournaments going on. But he says come over, lets see what I can do. So I get there and he has two King rooms next to each other for us. What a great guy he is! And again, clean and comfortable rooms. Someone needs to give Bobby a bonus or raise cause he is truly a great example of good customer service. By the way, when I was at the front desk a couple came in looking for a room and I watched Bobby and another lady CSR take the time to find them a room at another hotel since they had no more. They actually called over to Fairfield Wendover for them. Hmmmm.....I distinctly remember Fairfield Wendover telling me that it was not possible to do that?

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Patricia S, Manager at Fairfield Inn Greensboro Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2013

Amy you are absolutely the best! I am so glad you wanted to share your story with everyone! I love hearing about the excellent service we provide and we treasure Bobby as well as all of our staff that continue to work together to make this hotel the well oiled machine it is! I can't wait for you to visit again!

-Patricia Scherger

Reviewed August 15, 2013

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

I am so glad you enjoyed your stay while your were pass through Greensboro. We do our best to deliver excellent service and it seems like you had wonderful encounters with our staff. I hope you enjoyed the rest of your trip and I am sure I will see you on your next trip to, or through, Greensboro!

Reviewed June 26, 2013

Stayed two nights to go to Barn Dinner Theater. No exercise room. Was told to go across road to Holiday Inn Express. Room was clean. Had to get used to king bed mattress, it was flat & hard. Small sink area, liked lobby bathroom better. Staff was very friendly. Continental breakfast wasn't bad, very good coffee. Near airport, so there was plane noise at times. Might would stay again, the price was right.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor! I am so glad that you enjoyed our staff! We have made the breakfast even better by going to a hot breakfast with eggs and sausage! I do apologize about not having a fitness room but please come back and see us so we can turn your good stay into a great stay!