“Only if you like authentic-”
Review of El Camino Real

El Camino Real
Ranked #92 of 886 Restaurants in Greensboro
Cuisines: Mexican
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Only if you like authentic-”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

A real gem. It's in a small strip mall. Only a few seats outside and the dining room is early yard sale but the food and service is exceptional. Great veggie combos, the tacos are street and delicious and the salsa is worth buying and taking home. You cannot miss having a good experience here, unless of course you prefer the "Speedy Gonzalez" type of Mexican cuisine that everyone else has.

• Visited September 2013

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Our favorite Mexican restaurant in Greensboro”
Reviewed August 9, 2013

I eat at El Camino at least once a week. We love going here as a couple and also with friends. It is a small restaurant but has great food and service. The owner and servers are always very friendly. I often times get their Arroz con Pollo. I think it is aweseome. They also have a good spinach and chicken quesadilla. Many things on their lunch many are good. Many people have ordered their California burrito and loved it. Everything is great at this restaurant. Please try it out!

• Visited August 2013
Greensboro, North Carolina
“Tiny place but great food.”
Reviewed July 20, 2013

This little restaurant is on the end of a strip mall. It has 11 tables inside and two out, and doesn't look like much from the outside, but we had a great experience there. I had the camarones con arroz, and the shrimp were fresh and plentiful. The vegetables were good, the veggies were tasty. My husband had three tacos and another side (sope? sopa? something like that). I tried his carnita and his chicken taco, and both were terrific. By the time he got to the sopa, I was too full to try it, but it looked really good and he liked it. The service was friendly and efficient. BTW, if you like "Mexican" Coca-Cola (made with cane sugar rather than high fructose corn syrup), that's what they serve.

In short, I'm certain this will be our go to Mexican place when we are in Greensboro.

• Visited July 2013
Cleveland, Ohio
“One of the best Mexican restaurants anywhere”
Reviewed June 11, 2013

Driving cross country and we learned of El Camino Real from yelp. And we were not disappointed. One of the best Mexican restaurants we've ever visited.

I had four tacos because it was taco Thursday. delicious little Corn tortilla tacos served with radish and cilantro... so delicious!

My wife had chicken enchiladas with mole. The mole was delicious... slightly chocolatey with sweet overtones and a cherry finish.

Order the black beans instead of refried they are better. Also don't forget to try the pico de gallo.

The service was very friendly and helpful. When I left, they offered to pour my water into a to-go cup which was great to have for the remainder of our long drive.

Ya gotta go!

• Visited June 2013
Greensboro, North Carolina
“Best Mexican Restaurant in Greensboro”
Reviewed January 13, 2013

Great food. Give it a try. Although it's in a little strip shopping center and does not look to great from outside, the food is excellent and is always very fresh and tasty.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank busyguyinGreensboro

Been to El Camino Real? Share your experiences!