“Educational can be a lot of fun!”

Greensboro Children's Museum
Ranked #5 of 70 things to do in Greensboro
More attraction details
Owner description: Interactive exhibits for children.
North Carolina
137 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 103 helpful votes
“Educational can be a lot of fun!”
Reviewed August 13, 2012

This place is very educational for children and a fun place as well, both for them and grandparents or parents. They cater to family's attending together and offer good admission pricing to foster that.

Visited April 2012

• Arabic first
Roanoke, Virginia
167 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 128 helpful votes
“Imaginative play area perfect for toddlers and preschoolers”
Reviewed August 5, 2012

Excellent "town-like" play areas including construction site and building toys. Outdoor classroom/garden is expansive, and friendly volunteers/staff helped us feed the chickens. Train station exhibit is impressive. Community organizations have clearly assisted in museum creation. Kids incorporated our son into play--comfortable environment with an excellent mix of gross motor and imaginative play opportunities. Wish we lived close enough to warrant a membership.

Visited April 2012
Clemmons, North Carolina
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great place for children!”
Reviewed August 4, 2012

You will not find a better museum and activity place for children. It was a joy for our granddaughters on several occasions and even as teens when they went with their cousin, a five year old boy. There are many props to enhance the visit in each area. You will not be disappointed! Take the children soon.

“Imagination is the ingredient that made the day for my 10 yr old snd 8 yr old grandkids”
Reviewed August 4, 2012

I thought my kifs were too old for the museum. But they love using their imagination. No ready made videos or film. Replicas of life, a market, a huge semi complete with bed amd fridge, firetruck. A puzza parlor. All the ingredients for making a fun reality. A garden with a great climbing tree. Refreshing in the current all screen environment. Uses brain and sense of humor

Winston Salem, North Carolina
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“All three of my kids loved it”
Reviewed August 2, 2012

I have an 8 year old girl, 2.5 year old boy, and 7 month old boy and all three of them could have stayed all day. I was impressed with the number of benches for tired parents and with the overall cleanliness. The only downside was a very tiny place to eat a sack lunch (I was expecting something nicer like Sciworks). However, the staff was very friendly and even helped me find my daughter when she failed to check in with me and I made 3 rounds looking for her. They calmly notified all volunteers on walkie talkies and gave her description and within 1 minute they'd located her for me.
They have an area dedicated to 2 years and under with a gate and my infant loved the giant mirror and sat on a gym mat looking at himself and giggling. My 2 year old couldn't get enough of the train, firetruck, and airplane cockpit with its slide. We went on a weekday and I was shocked at how busy it was. I would recommend going right after lunch to avoid the crowds. Also, parking was almost gone when we arrived.
We spent 4 hours there and the kids could have stayed longer if I hadn't been so tired from chasing them.
Be sure to bring a snack and drink unless you are okay with being at the mercy of the vending machines. I was surprised they had so little selection (only 2 machines I believe).

Visited July 2012