“Very Bad” 2 of 5 bubbles

Greensboro, NC
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Very Bad”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2012

**READ THE WHOLE WAY THROUGH. The last paragraph is the unacceptable response I received when sending this exact email to the GM***

My husband and I visited your resort this past weekend as it was our first anniversary. We decided to stay in town (we live very close by) and try the spa. From the moment I booked our appointment I was skeptical. The woman I spoke with on the phone was very unfriendly and cold. We arrived at the spa early and I ordered a glass of wine...again, the unfriendly attendants barely smiling as we checked in, almost annoyed that we were interrupting them . My wine never came, the spa attendant had to call for it twice. After the massage, which my husband enjoyed but later complained that his masseuse was, again, very unfriendly, we made our way to the pool for some R&R and lunch. R&R was NOT AT ALL what we received. We were greeted by loud, inappropriate, music blasting. Apparently, a group of gusts at the hotel brought down their stereo system and thought it was perfectly fine to blast their music clear across the pool. They plugged the stereo in near the pool door and sat on the opposite side of the pool. The music was LOUD. "I wanna, lick lick lick lick you.." blasting across the pool deck while kids were in the area, not appropriate or relaxing. I was very surprised that in the 3 hours we sat enduring the noise, no one came to turn it off. I would think either a manager or attendant would check on the pool area at least once in three hours? My husband and I ordered lunch, 2 salads and margaritas. We were told that it would take 15 minutes. After waiting over an hour our lunch finally arrived. We ate, had enough, and left.
I asked to speak with the manager on the way out. The woman at the font desk nearly had to beg the food and beverage manager to come speak with us. We could hear her on the phone to him "I know it's not your shift, but please.." Once he arrived, he heard me out, then told us that on a busy day, it could take up to 45 minutes for salads and that he would check the computers to see how busy they were. Busy or not, even 45 minutes for a pre made salad is outrageous. I also told him he might want to have the music turned off, he told us that this was not his area. Here's the kicker, he asked if we were staying at the resort and we explained that we were just using the spa and having lunch. Then he asked if we live in the area, we told him we did. He asked where. What does that have to do with anything?? We left scratching our heads over his questioning. Are your managers told to barrage dissatisfied customers with questions regarding where they live?
We are very disappointed that this is how we chose to spend our first anniversary. It was not at all what we were expecting.

Dear Guest,

First of all thank you very much for choosing the Grandover Spa for celebrating your first anniversary , I must say reading your comments on the Trip advisor was read in a different light by me and as such I ignore it for a very good reason. However since you redirected your observations by emailing me, I am convinced that you had the good intention of sharing your experience in order to improve and speed up the service of food and beverages in the Spa therefore we consider you a friend of Grandover and I thank you for sending me this e-mail. I promise you that we shared your e-mail with all concern and the necessary steps have been taken to speed the service to this area despite the distance from kitchen. I also will like to have your home address sent to me so that I can send you an invitation for you and your husband to enjoy our wonderful Sunday brunch. I hope to hear from you soon.

***No thank you. You can not disregard my complaints then offer me a meal. Keep your sorry hospitality and meal. ***

Visited May 2012
22 Thank as58580

Burlington, North Carolina
35 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 78 helpful votes
“Not what I expected”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2012

My husband booked a couples massage for me and him for my birthday this year. With Grandover being a high end place, I expected a high end spa- staff going out of the way to accommodate, hot tea and snacks while you wait, and other things (if you've been to the Grove Park Inn spa in Asheville, NC, that's what I think of as a high end spa). I did not get what I expected. It was a clean place, the massage was good, and it was relaxing. However, I expected more than what I get at an average spa, especially considering the price being higher than average. If you're staying there, it would be worth it to book a massage since the massage itself was good quality. But I've gotten the same experience at a place like Massage Envy and other local spas at a lower price.

Visited February 2012
4 Thank Tammy G
Archdale, North Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“No complaint's .....”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2012

Relaxing atmosphere, professional, and satisfied.
Would recommend to anyone.

1 Thank April923
McDonough, Georgia
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“Only OK”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2012

My wife went here and only said it was ok. The staff was friendly but did not seem to go out of their way to do anything.

Visited March 2012
2 Thank krisencalade
Greensboro, North Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Book a massage...get use of the pool and hot tub as well.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2012

I book a massage, my husband golfs. Then we hang out the rest of the day for a mini vacation and use the pool and hot tub. We order lunch. The ammenities come with use of the spa or golf course. It's like getting out of town without going anywhere!

2 Thank ChrissieKnows