“good hibachi”

Cuisines: Japanese
Greensboro, North Carolina
“good hibachi”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

The service has some kinks to work out, but the food is really good. I especially like the hibachi shrimp and steak dinner.

Visited December 2013

Stokesdale, North Carolina, United States
“Gone downhill”
Reviewed October 27, 2013

Me and my family have gone to Bonsai for years and have always loved it, however, our visit last night will be our last. Short and sweet - the food took forever, and when I got my hibachi chicken and shrimp it was cold. My wife ordered 3 sushi rolls...the same ones she always does...and they were not very good, tasted nothing like the last time we were at Bonsai and ordered the same rolls. They had NO japanese beers, out of the 3 or 4 listed on the menu, the waitress said they had none of them. The service was decent but nothing to brag about. Lastly, they knew it was my wife's birthday and did nothing for her. We'll be finding another Japanese restaurant next time.

• Visited October 2013
Greensboro, N.C.
“We really like Bonsai”
Reviewed August 15, 2013

My wife and I both enjoy this jewel. It has new management as of about a month ago and we've had a good experience with both old and new. They have even started a bring your bulletin from church deal for Sunday lunch, it was an endless soup bowl for me. We like the combo meals but have enjoyed the extensive sushi menu as well.

• Visited July 2013
Greensboro, North Carolina
“Delivery”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

I ordered delivery from this establishment today and of course around dinner time the phone is busy. I've tried calling in the past, but the lines were busy all night it seemed! I figured it wasn't worth it... but let me tell you, I was WRONG! I haven't even eaten INSIDE the restaurant and I am shocked and amazing by how delicious my dinner was. Props to the Manager! Can't wait to physically eat here one day haha. Quick Tip: Consider getting more than one phone line to adjust the delivery calls vs the regular calls!

• Visited July 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
“Food that makes you smile. . . seriously!”
Reviewed June 30, 2013

My folks (in their 80s), sister, and niece (11) eat here every Sunday night. I was in town visiting and requested baby sister's pork loaf but was dragged to this restaurant in a nondescript strip mall. So if you are a sushi snob stop reading and go eat somewhere else. The space is quite large and being Sunday night (all other strip mall stores are closed) there were not many diners. We were seated promptly, the waitress came right over and she quickly had drinks on the table. The food showed up soon there after and overall it was middle of the road but the presentation was a hoot. 3 platters of sushi were arranged like a daisy, a scary clown and finally roses with an orange cut like a shrimp (which was standing up right). It was fun and we had a lot of laughs and took some goofy pictures. We all left with a smile on our faces. I picked up the tab which came to $64 for 5 people.

• Visited June 2013