“Fun and holds your attention”

Carolina History & Haunts
Ranked #2 of 5 Tours in Greensboro
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Historical ghost walking tour guided by the eerie glow of candlelight. Expect to see historic landmarks, where a ghost or two may also linger. Find out how some of Greensboro's historic, and sometimes tragic, events have shaped the city you see today. Tours operate all year, but dates and times do change. Private tours and group rates are available for groups of six or more any day of the week.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Wheelchair access, Activities for young children
Reviewed September 14, 2012

The tour was awesome. We got a great deal on groupon and it was the first tour we had ever been on. Even in the back of the group you could hear well, it wasnt boring and he was very knowledgeable and friendly, everyone was laughing at some parts and being shocked at other facts. You could tell he really loved what he was talking about which made it better. The walking was easy and frequent stops at different locations to see things you would otherwise pass by and a lot of facts you never knew. I would recommend anyone checking it out and I can't wait to go to the Charlotte haunt!

2  Thank Snowhughes

Reviewed August 27, 2012

We LOVE this tour! We've learned something new and different on each tour. It's fun to take friends and family to. Will go again... and again... and again.

2  Thank SLP78
Reviewed July 28, 2012

I liked this tour so much, I go back every time I have a guest visit from out of town! I've had two different guides now, and both were very knowledgeable, well-spoken, and interesting. I live in Greensboro, but I didn't know much about the downtown area or its history. This walking tour is a great way to get acquainted with the layout of the history, and to notice a lot of little details that you probably wouldn't have noticed on your own. Some ghost tours seem to be mostly history and a little haunt, but this one balances both very well!

2  Thank Erin A
Reviewed July 12, 2012

Even though it was 96 degrees when we started our tour at 8PM, I wouldn't have missed it for anything. Topher, our tour guide was very intelligent, a great speaker and extensively knowledgeable about Greensboro and it's history. Not being from the south, it was really interesting to hear about how Greensboro and the surrounding Triad area played such an integral role in the civil war. Plus the amazing history of the Carolina Theatre. While most tours have been pretty large, ours was quite small only 7 of us. Possibly due to the exterme heat. What I really enjoyed about this tour was that it wasn't overly frightening or overdramatic but it gave you food for thought and ideas to explore when you get back to your laptop. We had a Saturday night tourh and it was great because the main throughafares were just starting to come alive with the nightlife so it added to the ambience of the tour. Even if you are not much into ghost stories (I am not) it is a great tour just to hear about the history. The best part is that you walk to each destination (not very far apart) and spend 5-10 minutes listening to the story and history behind each building. Downtown Greensboro has some wonderful old buildings and this is a great way to explore them and hear about their role in Greensboro's history. I HIGHLY recommend this tour. :)

1  Thank twiester
Reviewed July 6, 2012

We had 16 families with various ages of kids in Greensboro to attend a conference for our schools jr. high students. Several days there was free time and we were looking for local activities that were interesting for kids ranging in ages from 7-14 and their parents and this one did not disappoint! We were all gathered at the designated spot downtown where the tour begins and Dan (our tour guide) seemingly appeared out of nowhere carrying a lantern with a lit candle. A great first impression and way to begin what was to be one of the most talked about activities we participated in outside of the conference! He walked us to many historical buildings throughout downtown and shared the history of Greensboro as well as the "happenings" associated with them. His storytelling draws you in and doesn't let go until the very end! We were concerned that it might be a bit too much for some of the younger kids who went but Dan was great at planting the seed of thought as opposed to being outright frightening. The kids and parents who went ALL loved it and there was alot of learning-and spine tingling- going on for us all! I highly recommend this adventure. On a side note, Dan was also very helpful when speaking to him on the phone answering alot of questions I had about the area and shared other places to visit in Greensboro area and some suggestions for restaurants to patronize while we were there.

2  Thank kelly44207