“Huge Burgers!”

Emma Key's
Ranked #61 of 886 Restaurants in Greensboro
Cuisines: American, Grill
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Located at the corner of Walker and Elam near the campus of the University of North Carolina-Greensboro
Archdale, North Carolina
“Huge Burgers!”
Reviewed June 12, 2013

Delightfully eclectic burger joint. We went there for lunch and sat outside on the patio. They are dog friendly and will even bring them a bowl of water and a dog biscuit. Highly recommend! The chili cheese fries are wonderful, especially dipped in the spicy ketchup!

Visited May 2013
1 Thank TravellingFoodie77

Greensboro, North Carolina
“Burger Heaven!”
Reviewed June 2, 2013

If you are looking for a delicious, succulent burger then look no further than Emma Key's! My recent visit was definitely a treat. My cheeseburger came out perfectly cooked (I ordered medium) with hot crisp fries. Be sure to look over the menu and ask questions to get just what you want. I chose the plain cheeseburger with toppings of my choosing including my selection from the list of available cheeses. I saw they had milkshakes on the menu and went back for one at the end of my meal. While it was good and made of chocolate ice cream it wasn't thick enough for my taste...but did I mention how delicious the burger was?!

Overall, it was a GREAT experience with an excellent burger!!!

• Visited June 2013
Greensboro NC
“Dry burnt burgers”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

First 2 visits were very good but the LAST visit was terrible - service was poor, burgers were dry, burnt and tasteless. The plates were delivered to the wrong table and it took over an hour to get the corrected selections. Sent an email to the website but NO response. They do have a good selection of bottled beer but that does not make up for poor service and mediocre food. Wont be back!!

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank wilkialGreensboroNC
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Great Burger”
Reviewed May 15, 2013

Emma Key's was a fluke visit. While traveling here I googled 5 Guys to see where they were located. Being bored I startedto read what the locals thought of a great burger palce. One of the reviews said there was Emma Key's that was great, so I thought why not. What a great find, outdoor seating, funky and fast service with everyone smiling. The burgers are Angus and cooked to perfection, small 6oz, double 12 oz. Juicy and good, fries are nothing special but good side with the burger. Lots of burger selections, something for everyone. Also Bison burger, maybe next time. Great find!

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank smokeyellow
North Carolina
“Pleasantly surprised on the second trip”
Reviewed May 1, 2013

I was not overly impressed a year ago when I first went to Emma Key's. They were newly opened at the time. I guess they have had some time to greatly improve. I went with one other adult and their child. Emma Key's is kid friendly, obvious by the basket of chalk and crayons outside. I enjoyed the no nonsense sort of dining, where I get in line, order my food and drink (start a tab if I want) and then go to the table with my number and wait. If you have kids, you know that sometimes you want to be able to go out with them but also chat with adults while they entertain themselves. This is a great place for that. We all ate and then the kids starting drawing on the sidewalk with chalk. You don't have to worry about ruining someone else's dining experience
I do agree with one reviewer, the burgers are well done but I thought it still had great taste. I'm not sure about the handling with bare hands. I'll check next time. It is actually common to ask for medium rare at any restaurant in the Lindley corner and get it well done.
So, if you aren't sure where to eat, just drive to Lindley corner and take your pick of the restaurants. I am now including Emma Key's as a viable option. We arrived at 6:15 on a Wed and there were many seating options. It filled up around 7.

• Visited April 2013