“1st time dining at MJ's but won't be the last”

MJ's Steak and Seafood
Reserve with OpenTable
MJ's Steak and Seafood is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #62 of 904 Restaurants in Greensboro
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: West Friendly Ave
Transit: Corner of Guilford College Road and West Friendly Avenue.
Reviewed April 25, 2013

Great service,great menu,great food and an excellent wine list. Cannot ask much more than that.We were a party of four and treated to a private little dining area which allowed us to talk business and have many laughs together. A most enjoyable evening. Thanks to all the staff.

Reviewed April 21, 2013

Wife's birthday, so looking for something that will make me look good, husband-wise. Read reviews in TA...pretty universally good, which sometimes causes me to wonder. No worries! This place is the real deal. Atmosphere- old dwelling, has a homey feel. We were seated immediately, even though it was a crowded night. Had the catfish, fried to perfection. Best collard greens ever.
Wife enjoyed her dish, a pasta something. I was enjoying my food so much I didn't even look up from the plate to see what she was chowing down. You can go with a steak and spend more, or the fish, a little lighter on the wallet. Can't wait to go again!

Reviewed April 15, 2013

Great place. We sat outside, and it was lovely. I ordered the sirloin and it was delish! We were very pleased with everything. Will go back!

Reviewed April 2, 2013

I've never had a bad meal here. The staff is very friendly. Parking is a pain, but it's worth it to go. Whether your eating at the bar (not my thing, but I've done it), or at a table, it has a great atmosphere for a date or a meeting. It is always good, and it is comparable to restaurants outside Greensboro. Definitely suits an international palette. Go!

Reviewed March 24, 2013

My husband and I dined here about a week ago. The food and service were both outstanding. I would suggest calling for a reservation. When we arrived, we were asked if we had a reservation. When we said no, they told us that they would check on availability and let us know in a few minutes. We were advised that we could wait at the bar (and even eat at the bar). We opted to wait on a table and have a drink at the bar. The drinks were very good. I had a 'perfect' margarita and hubby had a MJ special. We were seated after about 10 - 15 minutes (we later found out that they were able to seat us because someone did not show up for their reservation). I had the grouper dish, which was one of the nightly specials. It was EXCELLENT. Hubby ordered the salmon, which was also very good. For dessert, we had cappuccinos and shared a slice of cheesecake. It was the perfect ending to a great dinner. We will definitely return.