“Great place for photos”

Tanger Family Bicentennial Garden
Ranked #7 of 76 things to do in Greensboro
More attraction details
Owner description: Known for its massive annual plantings and bronze sculpture, this 7.5-acre garden is a popular and relaxing retreat. A Wedding Gazebo adds an air of elegance, a man-made re-circulating stream provides texture, movement and sound, and a Sensory Garden engages visitors in an interactive landscape experience. A variety of sculpture placed throughout the garden provides artistic and historic interest. The garden is open year-round from sunrise to sunset. Admission is free.
Reviewed July 9, 2013

This garden is absolutely beautiful in the spring and fall. I've seen several families and weddings being photographed here through the years. I have not done it myself, but it is definitely on my list of things to do. Great walk. A must see in Greensboro.

1  Thank Amy R

Reviewed July 8, 2013

This was a nice garden to walk around for about half an hour. I was just visiting Winston-Salem/Greensboro for a day, so my friends took me there in our spare time. We stumbled upon this garden accidentally while trying to find the Bog Garden. We saw a handful of people relaxing on benches, and I can definitely imagine that it would be a great place to spend an afternoon in the outdoors.

Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

Driving from DC to Greenville and wanted to stop and stretch our legs. This is a really lovely spot. Beautiful landscaping and interesting sculpture. I want to come back in the spring!!

1  Thank Jeffrey P
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Though we'd visited Greensboro numerous times, we'd never been to the BiCentennial Garden. Today we went to the Garden with my daughter and the oldest grandson, both of whom are skilled photographers. The Garden is generally quiet and a fine place to sit and read. Though many of the flowering plants were past peak, there was still an amazing amount of "eye candy". Well worth a detour if you're in Greensboro.

Reviewed May 23, 2013

Several gardens located in Greensboro are a nice get away. The Bog Garden is across the street from Bicentennial Gardens. The Tanger family & company ( Tanger Outlet Centers ) have given a special gift to North Carolina. The wonderful selection of blooming flowers and plants, native & ornamental trees among some wonderful sculpture make for a special day or evening walk. The stone walls, water fall and seating areas are great. A special wedding area is featured ( use for a fee ) and the garden is continually growing. Whether a stroll, date or a family outing - it's a perfect fit. Spring through fall is best times to visit.