“Great Eating Experience”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed November 24, 2012

I had the opportunity to dine at the 13 Bones Restaurant two weeks ago. It was suggested to me by my colleagues. The Greeter was spot on with her hospitality. My order was superb. I had the 13 oz. steak with ribs, sides and a draft of beer. My steak was well done yet was not chewy. The meat practically fell off the bones when touched. The server was friendly, courteous and on time. I thoroughly enjoyed my time and I have recommended the 13 Bones Restaurant to my colleagues. Working in the Hospitality Industry, I am fully aware of the demands placed on staff and I will say that the 13 Bones staff met the highest Hospitality standards. Thank you and I will see you again.

Reviewed November 10, 2012

We had eaten at 13 Bones in Mt. Airy was good - - ate in Greensboro tonite - - will not go back - -husbands salad came when he asked for crackers waitress said she did not know if she could get him any crackers or not??? She finally came back with 2 - - I ordered the sirloin steak - - it was soooooooooo tough you could not even chew it - - - terrible - - - waitress wanted to know could she get another one?? why I thought the next one will probably be just as bad -- - so I changed and ordered a filet mignon - - - when it came was not as tough but had grizzles running thru the steak was not even that tender - - - and suppose to be filet ???? The worse filet I have ever had anywhere - - - I think they are buying a very poor quality of meat - - - they did not even offer to make an adjustment on the bill - - - will not go back again - that is for sure!

1  Thank Nancy W
Reviewed November 10, 2012

Me and my BF went last night to try it out, parking lot was packed, but walked right in & we sat immediately. Our waitress came within 3 minutes & served us well the entire time. We ordered onion rings as an app, they were beer battered and really good. I had the honey dipped chicken, veggies & mashed potatoes, everything was great! BF had a 1/2 rack of ribs, veggies, and a sweet potato and ate every bit of it. They had a beer special where if you buy a red oak draft you get to keep the red oak glass. Very good food and very good prices. Most entrees were around $10. I will definitely be back :)

Reviewed November 7, 2012

I was visiting Greensboro for a conference. I spent $50 on my meal at the convention hotel on the night of my arrival. Tonight I had a chance to try something else. First, this is an owner-operated resturant with the owner in the house. This is NOT a chain! Support Small Businesses! I spent less than half of my first dining experience and received more than twice the value.

My Prime Rib was outstanding - at least an inch and half cut, perfectly cooked with choice of two sides. 1/2 price wine and a fairly good selection -- especially considering that I spent three times that amount for the exact same wine the evening before!

The waiter was knowledgeable about the food, could make good recommendations, and did not steer me towards the most expensive things on the menu -- but the tastiest! I would not hesitate to recommend this owner operated small business to all who want a evening with good food served quickly and with attention to customer service.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

I had the Bourbon Street steak, mashed potatoes and green beans. The steak was cooked perfectly, had good flavor, and came out hot. But that's the only good thing about the meal. It was a very tough steak. The mashed potatoes were blah, and the green beans tasted straight out of a can. My husband had the same steak...same results. He also had macaroni and cheese that was so watery the "cheese sauce" dripped off the fork. A box of Kraft macaroni and cheese is way better than this one. His baked sweet potato was very mushy and overcooked. He also had grilled shrimp and that was good.

Service was ok, friendly waitress and hostess. It was a busy Saturday night and we waited less than 10 minutes. The restaurant is clean and is decorated with vintage tins signs and other retro things. My dinner was inexpensive for a steak dinner with two sides and a roll ($15) but I would definitely pay a couple bucks more for a tender steak.