“Pretty good”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 15, 2012

Took family and they did a nice job. Food is decent and very reasonably priced. Service very good as well.

Reviewed June 15, 2012

Meatiest ribs I ever had from a sit-down restaurant. Done to perfection. Good service too. My only issue with this location is that they are only open for supper....not lunch as well like the other location in Mount Airy. The food is excellent though (entrees, sides, etc). I just wish they were open earlier for lunch. Classic motorcycles (Royal Enfield, Triumph) in both locations are very cool and add to the decor.

Reviewed May 10, 2012

Don't let my 'very good' rating dissuade you from eating at 13 Bones if you really enjoy pork ribs. Consider the rating to be a 4.25.

I grew up in Eastern North Carolina where pork is served often, in one form or another, in most households. The town I grew up in is also home to Wiiber's Barbecue, where the standard of eastern style barbecue is set. (As an aside, NC is the 2nd largest swine producing state behind Iowa, a somewhat dubious distinction unless pork is an important part of your meal planning and diet.)

My wife and I ordered and shared the full rack of ribs with sides of baked potato and sauteed veggies (squash, zucchini, onions and green peppers). I make my ribs at home by basting them in a thin vinegar/red pepper sauce while pre-cooking them in the oven for 2 1/2 hours at 250 degrees F. I then finish them on the grill with a thick molasses/bourbon based sauce which caramelizes on the ribs. 13 Bones has the same basic recipe so I was extremely pleased with the flavor and texture of their ribs. If you like such a recipe, aren't up for the hassle of preparing ribs at home then 13 Bones is the only place in the Triad to go. Best ribs by far of any I've eaten in the area. I even prefer them to the ribs served at Wilber's in Goldsboro. (They don't finish them with a thick sauce.)

Don't expect the side dishes to add to the dining experience. Our baked potato was cooked perfectly, served in aluminum foil and with all the condiments to make it a 'loaded' baked potato served in tiny plastic take-out containers. The bacon bits are not real which I thought was odd for a rib place. They do serve real butter and sour cream though, along with a shredded cheese mix for the potato. The sauteed veggies were, ummmm, let's say, over-sauteed almost to point of being boiled. They were also onion-centric. Didn't find a single slice of zucchini in it. It was also seasoned with a mixture of spices that complemented the ribs well but just seemed out of place on veggies. My food rating of 5 applies only to the ribs.

They have some very good beers on draft including Red Oak, a locally brewed amber ale that far surpasses many other micro-brewed ambers. We did not have dessert.

The wait staff was very attentive, almost to the point of being obtrusive, but I think this was because Bailey, our waitress, was training someone who was there for the first time. Bailey knew all about the entrees and how they were prepared which really impressed me. Service was very good to excellent.

Go by 13 Bones to enjoy well prepared pork ribs in the Triad. You won't be disappointed.

Reviewed April 28, 2012

We trusted the reviews and had dinner at 13 Bones and were delighted with the friendly, eff icient service as well as the super dinner. I had ribs that were really fall-off-the-bone and delicious, She had a chicken and veggie saute. Forget the big name high price rib joints...This is the place in Greensboro for ribs.

Reviewed April 24, 2012 via mobile

Service was excellent! Our server, Jerrat, was very polite and attentive to our needs.

My wife had the ribs. They were very tender - the meat just fell from the bone. My filet minon was very tender. It was prepared just the way I asked, and had very good grill flavor. The food quality and reasonable prices makes eating here a great value.