“Motel 6, we'll leave the door open for you...”
Review of Scottish Inns

Scottish Inns
Ranked #70 of 77 Hotels in Greensboro
Reviewed August 17, 2008

drove from Ohio straight after work all the way to Greensboro, NC. I decided that since it was just a 2 night stay in North Carolina, I would go ahead and save some money and reserve a room at the Motel 6. I figured that judging by other Motel 6's I have been to, it will be cheap and clean, boy was I WRONG! I had hope as I pulled up because it was next door to a church, so for some reason, I thought it would be legit, ha!

I arrived around 2am and although I had booked my room online with a credit card guarantee, so that I would not be stuck with a smoking room, I was stuck with a smoking room. I received my key to the room which I obviously did not need because the door was already open at 2am when we got there. I looked at the bed and saw it was just white, because the comforters were on the dingy carpet and the pillows were all stacked on one bed. It looked like the housekeeper was cleaning the room and there was a state of emergency called, so she/he just jetted out of the room.

After the shock of the beds, I went to the restroom and there were brown spots ALL over the walls and floor. I did not even think to sit on the toilet! We did not have enough linens, there were 2 towels, no wash cloths, no hand towels, no bath mat. The ceiling of the bathroom was infested with mold, and everything was just NASTY!

I spoke to the guy at the front desk and the rent-a-cop and they were so "shocked" and helped me out with linen, but I had a feeling that this was a usual routine for them. The night was slightly scary because it sounded like there were a lot of shady characters and vagrants roaming around. I was ecstatic to check out the next day and never look back!

Just a heads up if you do not like huge dogs, I would not recommend staying at Motel 6 because apparently all pets are allowed there. I did not even look at the so called pool they had because it is most likely infested with God knows what!

I spent my second night in Greensboro, NC at Crestwood Suites which was great. The only negative about it is that the walls can be a bit too thin for comfort; but the room was clean, the staff was great, and the location was not sketchy at all.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled on business
3  Thank TK_OSU

Reviewed July 11, 2008

Our family rented 2 adjoining rooms for two nights this past week. We chose Motel 6 based upon previous experiences with the chain, and because it was near to our destination. Never again... The rooms were tiny and not entirely clean. The beds were atrocious...sinkholes in the middle of the mattresses. We could not park within a decent proximity of our room. Upon inquiring of the front desk staff because we did not have a sufficient number of towels (1 per person), we were told to come back at 11:30pm or the next morning. There was no clock or refrigerator. Our room keys did not always work. The television sets malfunctioned every time they were turned on. The shower bench in one of the bathrooms did not fold up, forcing us to all use one shower. We received prank phone calls in the wee morning hours from other patrons. All in all, not a very restful/satisfying stay.

On a positive note, the lighting in the parking lot was some of the brightest we've ever had. The ice machine was in good working order. The swimming pool looked clean from a distance, but we did not use it.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank motel7
Reviewed June 9, 2008

We arrived on a Saturday afternoon and immediately noticed that this appeared not to be a family friendly motel. The pool was closed for the season (in June). The motel is run down and appears to cater to the younger and transient crowd. No one that traveled with us felt safe (including the males). My room was smelly, had holes in the curtains, and not cleaned properly (trash behind the night stand). This is my last stay at a Motel 6.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank vasistah
Reviewed August 3, 2007

We chose this location because we were looking for something inexpensive that had parking for large vehicles (we were towing a trailer) and allowed pets.

This was not very conveniently located from I-40, but wasn't really hard to find.

The clerk on duty was very friendly and was nice enough to cut us a deal on the price because we took 2 rooms. He was also able to accomodate my mother, who is handicapped and was travelling with us by putting us in adjoining handicapped accesible rooms. This worked well for us because this was in a quiet area of the motel. There were a lot of boisterous people staying on the upper floors further down the property. The rooms had outside access which we prefered.

The rooms were fairly clean, but had some maintenance issues, especially in the bathrooms. And even though the rooms were non-smoking, there was a smoky smell in there. Not too bad though once we left the door open to air out a bit.

Although we didn't use it, there was a guest laundry room which could be convenient for those doing a lot of travelling. There was also a pool which we did not use, but looked ok.

The most inconvenient thing about our stay there was that there were no restaurants around for a couple of miles. We got in late and were not interested in having to go back out and drive a long distance to find something to eat. The clerk did give us a number of menus of places that delivered to the motel though and that worked out ok.

The area around the motel had a grassy area that was a good place to walk our dog without having to worry about traffic.

Not the most fabulous place we have ever stayed, but because of the very low price, if we were ever in this area again, we would probably stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family