“Nothing Special”
Review of Cleopatra's Restaurant - MOVED

Cleopatra's Restaurant
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Between W. Wendover and Green Valley
Winston Salem, North Carolina
“Nothing Special”
Reviewed June 4, 2013

To be honest, I really don't know why this place is ranked so well. A co worker and I went for lunch during the week. We started off as being the only ones in the place, eventually 6 tables were full (3 inside, 3 outside). There was only one server so it took forever to get food. The server was polite, but it took her a long time to get to our table since people were sitting outside. We ordered the buffet, which isn't really a buffet because you don't leave your table. It starts with a salad, and then the server gives you a plate of meats, rice, and vegetables. The food was ok, most of it was very heavy in oil. It's not bad, I just think they have alot to improve on.

Raleigh, NC
“Shawerma, Baklava La-La-laaa”
Reviewed June 3, 2013

From quality of food, to service, to hospitality, to value, all is very excellent.
Our waitress, Jessica, was very friendly, very knowledgeable, and professional. She helped us and answered all our questions. I settled on the lamb beef shawerma. Having traveled to middle-east as part of the Air-Force, I had Shawerma in Egypt, Kuwait, and Saudi Arabia. This Shawerma is surprisingly either equal or better than all of them! Very tender, tasteful, mmmm, almost orgasmic feeling!
I also had the Baklava for dessert which is the best I ever had any where! It is not overwhelmingly sweet and doesn't have that weird clove taste. It is crispy, yet melts in your mouth. REALLY REALLY GOOD!
The owner came and talked to us, he was extremely nice and hospitable and we had a very nice cultural exchange.
I wish they open a Cleopatra's in Raleigh!

Greensboro, North Carolina
“We enjoyed it”
Reviewed May 24, 2013

Having never eaten here before, we really didn't know what to order. Our server, Rick, was very helpful and we really enjoyed what we ordered. Everything tasted really fresh and was different enough to really satisfy our need to "not eat at the same places we always do". I would recommend Cleopatra's. Really tasty food.

Greensboro, North Carolina, United States
“UGH!!!”
Reviewed May 21, 2013

Had lunch at Cleopatra's for the lst time today. Order the eggplant mousaka and rice side. Staff was lovely - pleasant and very polite. The food was terrible. Bland....incredibly disappointing. And tho very nice, server did not question why I left majority of order on my plate which was not an acceptable oversight. The Rosepetal tea was nice but I will never go back - such a waste of $$ and time - total disappointment.

Dallas, Texas
“A revolution in lunch.”
Reviewed May 15, 2013 via mobile

On a spontaneous shopping trip to Greensboro, in asking around for lunch options, Cleopatra's was mentioned. This place was a find for the quality and value of the food. The restaurant set up is casual and small without being too cozy. The restaurant and bathrooms are clean. The menu is robust and varied however not overwhelming. Plenty of descriptives explaining each dish. The "all you can eat" lunch buffet is priced at $8.99. Essentially the buffet is a fair sampling of the regular menu. With at least 4 very flavorful meat dishes to try, two rices and a grilled vegetable dish you have plenty to choose from. We also tried the baba ganoush as an appetizer. It was so good we decided to take some to go for later.
Am not sure how this restaurant would work for a nice dinner out. The atmosphere / room design is more lunch friendly. Highchairs were present but did not see a changing table in the bathroom. Kid's menu optioned any adult dish portioned for kids as well stanby's like mac-n-cheese and chicken strips. I would return for lunch when in Greensboro again. If I lived/worked in that area of Greensboro, I would probably take my lunches there more than twice a month.