“Dry Shawarma / no taste”
Review of Cleopatra's Restaurant - MOVED

Cleopatra's Restaurant
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, Seafood, Egyptian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Between W. Wendover and Green Valley
Greensboro, North Carolina
“Dry Shawarma / no taste”
Reviewed March 2, 2013

I love Mediterranean food....for the most part. I have driven by Cleopatra's many times but because my wife is not crazy about med-food, I had not had a chance to visit. On Feb 26th, I was by myself and was 11:50am when I drove into the small food center where Cleopatra's shares spots with an Indian and a Thai restaurant. I was ready to give Egyptian food a try and they had a banner hanging outside showing great price ($4.95) on a lunch special. I entered and noticed that only two tables were taken. Waiter / cashier, Rick took my drink order for ice tea. He soon came back and took my order for the special (chicken shawarma sandwich). It took much too long for the cook to make the sandwich because when it finally arrived, it was a cold sandwich wrap. Inside was a cold salad with warm chicken. The taste was not as good as I had expected. Not poor but fair. That said, I have never had shawarma before. I don't want to bad-mouth this place because most of the reviews have been favorable and it is fairly new; therefore I plan to give them another try....perhaps for dinner if I can find another friend/relative who likes med-food.

Conover, North Carolina
“Good food”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Food was very good, nicely prepared and above all it was healthy. The menu is diverse with great options. Our waiter made great suggestions which we enjoyed. Definitely recommend.

1 Thank Tom S
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Another Rave!”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Well, here I go again raving about Cleopatra's Restaurant. I have written about the fabulous food at Cleopatra's before and after this past Saturday night special Birthday Celebration Dinner we had there, I must tell you once again about this FOOD EXPERIENCE! Our party of 5 was wowed by everything that we ordered. Starting with the salad which was prepared with the freshest ingredients, bursting with flavor and crunch and the most delicious house made lemon,garlic,olive oil dressing in the world. These salads were not made ahead and served later, they were made to order. We all agreed they were one of the best we had ever eaten. The eggplant appetizer was wonderful, bursting with that special creamiest texture of a superbly cooked and flavored dish. Our party was blown away by the Samak Singari, a baked whole fish with tomatoes, onions, cilantro,garlic. It was tender, perfectly cooked and incredibly delicious. Served with a tender brown rice with raisins, nuts and cooked onions; mixed grilled vegetables and these fabulous potatoes that were thinly sliced lengthwise and cooked with a crispy outside texture and tender inside. There was also a marinated Filet Mignon Shish Kabob that was awesomely tender and flavorful. Another member of our party had a Seafood Soup that was creamy and delicious, reminiscent of a bisque. The house made freshly baked pita bread was warm, crusty and soft at the same time, served with olive oil was terriffic. Chef Saad constantly raises the bar on freshness, originality and food baked with a big Heart! I look forward to my next eating adventure at Cleopatra's, I know that it will be spectacular. Treat yourself!

Highlands, North Carolina
“Great Appetizers!”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

After living in the Middle East for several years we now look for middle-eastern restaurants in towns and cities as we travel throughout the States. Last night we were in Greensboro and, based on favorable posted reviews, we decided to try Cleopatra's Restaurant. The appetizers were absolutely wonderful (fewl and lentil soup). My husband ordered the beef and lamb shawerma, I ordered the chicken shawerma, both with rice and added spices. Unfortunately, the rice was burnt and therefore had a horrible taste. The meat on both of the dishes had a wonderful flavor, but we couldn't eat the rice. We did not complain as we didn't have time to wait for another plate. We may try Cleopatra's again - hopefully it was just a one-time slip up in the kitchen.

Greensboro, North Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“wow”
Reviewed February 11, 2013

First time trying this Egyptian restaurant and it REALLY impressed me and my co-workers not only was it fast our waitress was great, but the best part was the food, I had a shredded lamb/beef dish called schwerma, and somehow they are serving this DELICIOUS hot tea made from rose pedals? i had to try it and im glad i did

1 Thank kris k