“Nice meal and service”

Carolina's Diner
Ranked #32 of 904 Restaurants in Greensboro
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Description: This restaurant, one of several Carolina's Diners in the area, has been here for at least ten years, maybe longer.
Reviewed August 15, 2014

I am a traveling salesman so when I find a hidden gem I am excited. This diner serves homemade type meals on a daily special. I had the lasagna last night served with potato soup. The meal was an absolute treat! Server was Ashley, who was very cheerful and energetic, a real professional. I was treated like family and thoroughly enjoyed my visit. Price was right as well! The restaurant itself is a typical diner atmosphere. Don't let the building fool you, it is a clean restaurant with good food and excellent service as a rule there. They even have a lady that was going around to the tables to make sure your meal and service was up to standards, much like larger restaurants. I look forward to future visits

Reviewed August 10, 2014

Stayed at a hotel nearby, and this place was nearby, so convenient. Pulling in, we saw a fair number of cars and big rigs parked. Good sign and a good choice. They were busy, but the food was served quickly. I had what their menus said was liver pudding, but was what the rest of the central Carolinas call Liver Mush. It's an acquired taste, but a taste I acquired very young - and they did it right, and served it was egg, grits, and hash browns. The hash browns weren't my style - but I had more than enough food to satisfy me. My dinning companion had a skillet and enjoyed it as well. The table next to us had 6 uniformed local police officers, so I felt very secure (and behaved myself too). Wait staff were friendly, but professional.

Reviewed June 10, 2014 via mobile

I just left a few minutes ago. I'm staying at the Sleep Inn down the street. I was told this was a pretty good place to eat. Pretty good is pale in comparison. All the people I came in contact with were smiling and joking around with me while I was waiting on my to go order. The lady who brought me my food was extremely nice. I got it back to the room and tried part of the first meal I got. That was the chopped steak with turnip greens and okra. I can guarantee nothing on there came from frozen. It was great. I also had their brocoli and cheese soup. Phenomal! It tasted home made as well. I'm usually pretty tough on my reviews and i travel a lot being a truck driver. The food was some of the best I've ever had. I will definitely be back before I leave town!

Reviewed June 1, 2014

First off, let's agree to distinguish between "eating" and "dining". Then secondly let's allow for the difference between "supper" and "dinner". In this instance we can safely report the Carolina's Diner is a fine place to eat a delicious and hearty supper. Just off I-40 and next to a big-truck dealer, it didn't look too promising, but previous reviews were encouraging. They were right.

We were greeted and seated by a pleasant lady and had time to review a large menu. Nothing fancy, just traditional road food, and ours was nicely presented and delicious. My meat loaf was hot and moist, with just a tad too much tomato sauce topping (easily removed). Ann had the soup and (half) sandwich: a tasty potato chowder and deli roast beef sandwich. We were both pleased with the meal and the service.

So if you're looking to enjoy eating a good supper, this is your place.

Reviewed May 14, 2014

I was at a conference at the Holiday Inn yesterday and asked the customer service rep where a good local place to eat at. He recommended this diner. So upon lunch break I headed to the diner and went in to eat. The parking lot could use some repaving but thats as far as I got...A young girl met me at the door to tell me there was no room and it was going to be a long time. That was it. Never even got a chance to try the food. Wound up eating at Shoneys and it was horrible lol