“Nice supper, is what it is.”
Review of Carolina's Diner

Carolina's Diner
Ranked #33 of 901 Restaurants in Greensboro
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Description: This restaurant, one of several Carolina's Diners in the area, has been here for at least ten years, maybe longer.
Reviewed June 1, 2014

First off, let's agree to distinguish between "eating" and "dining". Then secondly let's allow for the difference between "supper" and "dinner". In this instance we can safely report the Carolina's Diner is a fine place to eat a delicious and hearty supper. Just off I-40 and next to a big-truck dealer, it didn't look too promising, but previous reviews were encouraging. They were right.

We were greeted and seated by a pleasant lady and had time to review a large menu. Nothing fancy, just traditional road food, and ours was nicely presented and delicious. My meat loaf was hot and moist, with just a tad too much tomato sauce topping (easily removed). Ann had the soup and (half) sandwich: a tasty potato chowder and deli roast beef sandwich. We were both pleased with the meal and the service.

So if you're looking to enjoy eating a good supper, this is your place.

There are newer reviews for Carolina's Diner

Reviewed May 14, 2014

I was at a conference at the Holiday Inn yesterday and asked the customer service rep where a good local place to eat at. He recommended this diner. So upon lunch break I headed to the diner and went in to eat. The parking lot could use some repaving but thats as far as I got...A young girl met me at the door to tell me there was no room and it was going to be a long time. That was it. Never even got a chance to try the food. Wound up eating at Shoneys and it was horrible lol

Reviewed April 28, 2014 via mobile

I always trust Trip Advisor's info and I was delighted to find this restaurant as I fled west to Asheville. Close to the airport and freeway, the waitress took my order and before I knew it, deposited it in front of me. Delicious fried chicken breast with cream gravy ; turnip greens; yummy mac and cheese and fresh crunchy fried Okra. I was in heaven. Plenty of brewed tea and 2o minutes later out the door and speeding down the highway Satiated and happy. I will be back! Well within my expense budget was a bonus.

Reviewed April 23, 2014

the spaghetti was a little too sweet, but other than that, the food was good and the service was good. The restaurant was down a slow paced road, but it was easy to find with my TomTom.

Reviewed April 15, 2014

Happy happy happy. This place was great! Huge menu. Amazing prices. Home cooked style food. People working there showed me true southern hospitality. I went there two nights in a row. They do delivery and take-out or sit in. Open till 9pm on Sunday night opening again at 6am Monday. Otherwise it is open 24hrs. All day breakfast, steaks, burgers, turkey club sandwiches and so much more!!! I had macaroni and cheese, mashed potatoes, potato soup, French fries, desert looked amazing but I had no room. Pies, cookies, pudding etc. definitely check this place out!!!

1  Thank Michael S