Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Greensboro
Ranked #55 of 76 Hotels in Greensboro
Columbus
“Awful”
Reviewed October 19, 2012

I was in Greensboro to vend a quilt show there. the town of Greensboro has 2 motels...big choice...knowing the name Microtel and stayed in several I took the Microtel. What a mistake!!! the room was dirty....the bathroom had stuff all over the floor and the bed did not look like it had been changed. I complained got a new room a little better. The "breakfast" was served in the laundry room on top of the washer and dryer. We went to McDonalds! when I asked about this I was rudely told if I didn't like it I could move to a different hotel. I had less than 30 min to get to my show to work...this was not an option. the desk which was run by husband and wife were very rude. I was told they run a clean operation. Don't believe it!!!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 29, 2012

This Hotel needs to be shut down! A NIGHTMARE! Attempted to stay here for a night while in Greensboro, within moments of getting into the room one of the other children from another room had been bitten while laying in bed, we immediately pull back bed sheets & sees several bugs. After taking pictures & videos of them crawling in the creases of the mattress on both beds & complaining to the front desk, they decided an hour later to move us too two other rooms, the parents then with one of the employees take off the bedding & again more bugs, a total of 4 rooms which all had them. I call the front desk several times trying to get assistance so we could relocate to another hotel & the front desk clerk stated she was busy with other guest & we would have to wait! I then ask for a manager & she at first refuses to give me any information, then tells me there is no one she can contact or give me a number to contact, then says she will not refund our money for the rooms because she can’t…. It went on for hours like this, so eventually after going back & forth with her she refunds the two rooms & we relocate.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Sidney, Ohio
Reviewed June 7, 2012

Found a bedbug when getting ready to check out. It was crawling on my pillow! Got a plastic cup and put the live bug in the cup. It did not surprise or shock the clerk at the front desk. They would not make any compensation for my inconvience since I had booked the room online. Don't stay in room 117 !! What a way to start the first day of my vacation with family.
In addition, they ran out of bananas very early in the morning, and although they promised there were more, they never replenished the supply. The staff was in no hurry to see that the crowd of people got anything good to eat at the free breakfast.

Room Tip: Next time will spend a little more money and hopefully find a hotel room without bedbugs!