“Everything is Old”

Ranked #54 of 76 Hotels in Greensboro
RINER
“Everything is Old”
Reviewed February 10, 2012

This faculity is very dated. The fixtures and beds need to be updated. I stayed in a single room that did have a microwave and fridge. The fridge frozen my drink overnight which was not very helpful. Just not what I am use to finding at a Microtel. Check in and check out was very good and quick.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Georgia
Reviewed January 19, 2012

I stayed at this hotel as a stop over on my way to Philadelphia. The first room they had me checked in the toilet did not work. They switched my rooms to where everything was in order. The rooms were a bit small, but fine for staying a couple of hours overnight. The room was clean and the bathroom was clean. The receptionist was very friendly, with a great attitude.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank TweDan
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed September 4, 2011

We made a reservation to stay at this hotel for Friday Sept 2nd en route to Myrtle Beach. On arrival we were greeted by Lenina at the front desk. She made us feel so welcome that we were impressed right from the start. Our room was spotless, the bed very comfortable. When my husband went to the car to retrieve some books, he and Lenina had a very nice chat, she invited us to come and sit in the lounge at the front of the hotel and help ourselves to a cup of fresh coffee. You could not ask for a nicer person to represent a hotel because that person is the first to see the guests as they arrive. The front desk is so important because they can make or break a traveler's decision to choose that hotel for a future visit. We had a very comfortable night and come morning we went down for a continental breakfast. They had a good selection of the usual, bagels, muffins, cereals etc. and we were told they will soon be offering eggs and waffles. The lady who took care of this area of our stay is Linda, another asset for the hotel. She was absolutely great to talk to and because there weren't a lot of guests we had quite the talk with her about our travels and hers during breakfast. What a couple of great ladies. Message to the owner or manager, hang on to these ladies, they are a definite asset to your operation and we would not hesitate to stay there again and to tell anyone we know who will be in the Greensboro area of North Carolina that Microtel is the place to stay..

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Mid-atlantic
Reviewed May 18, 2011

We stayed 2 nights at the Microtel and found it clean and comfortable. The room had microwave and mini fridge, and though it was close to an I-40 exit, it was very quiet. The hotel offers cereal (hot and cold), muffins, bagels, juice, coffee, etc. for breakfast, which was perfect for us. We would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Campinas, SP
Reviewed October 22, 2010

Microtel Inn, although the cheap price is still a good option for business travelers. I really liked it. The room and bathroom were clean, there was hot water, air conditioning, free wi-fi connection, car parking available. The location of the hotel was really good as well, near good shopping malls and restaurants. The breakfast was basic, but good (you can't expect a gourmet breakfast for the price). Other hotels around costed 2 to 3 times more expensive than Microtel, probably they could have better service, food, etc. but since I went to Greensboro only for business I stayed litte time in the hotel.

san juan, puerto rico
Reviewed October 18, 2010

We stayed for 3 nights in September. Hotel and room were clean but need refurbishing. Breakfast was basic.

Havelock
Reviewed September 25, 2010

I stayed here one night for business. Excellent service, comfortable room, nice amenities. As another reviewer said, the window seat is nice. The tv is small, but I never turned mine on, so it didn't matter to me. The location is convenient to the main roads, and the hotel is a better value than those of similar location. However, the convenience to the road makes the room a little noisy--I was awakened by truck noise at 5:15am and had a hard time getting back to sleep. (I had to get up at 7:30 am.) The bed may be a little hard for some people. I'm used to Japanese beds, so it wasn't that big of a deal for me. The breakfast is so-so, but the coffee is good. There is a Waffle House right next to the hotel, so you can get a better breakfast easily. The price is right, especially for the quality of the room.

1 Thank Magma5